Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ika 12 ng Marso 2009: Sleepiness

Since arriving, I have been sleeping like a babe which is actually a good thing...... But it is a work week and I cannot be sleeping all the time. Actually, I am more alert when I get enough sleep...... I can think better too. I get more things done. The brain appears refreshed with enough sleep. What more.... one looks great........ glowing skin, no unsightly break outs.......... good disposition, better temperament. There are numerous benefits......

Got this from Wiki....

Sleep is the natural state of bodily rest observed in humans and other animals. It is common to all mammals and birds, and is also seen in many reptiles, amphibians and fish. In humans, other mammals, and a substantial majority of other animals which have been studied, such as some species of fish, birds, ants and fruit-flies, regular sleep is essential for survival.

A widely publicized 2003 study performed at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine demonstrated that cognitive performance in humans declines with fewer than eight hours of sleep. However, the purposes of sleep are only partly clear and are the subject of intense research.


I was trying to read my topic for school today in the van I rode going to my office and I fell asleep. The same thing happened yesterday and the day before yesterday. I have also been sleeping at lunch time. At night, I sleep like a log. Did the change in scenery do me wonders? Or my sleep debt just caught up with me?

This should not happen today to this moonlighting public servant. I need to get work done too!I have to work on my lecture tonight. I should also catch up with work in the office to make a good impression with the new boss. I need tape or toothpicks to keep my eyes open...... help!

PS: Nagfifinal exams na mga bata. Yun pangalawang anak ko di magkandaugaga sa pag-aaral..... Yun panganay ko ganon din, nag-aaral lagi.......samantalang cool na cool lang yun bunso ko. Pag tinanong ko kung nag-aral na siya. Oo daw.

Marami ang nagsasabi na wala daw problema sa anak na babae sa pag-aaral. Yun lalake ang walang kusa at karaniwang di nag-aaral. Ewan ko kung me batayan to. Parang tutoo nga sa kaso ko. Sabagay, pag interesado yun anak kong lalake sa aralin, talagang kahit di mag-aral mataas ang grado. Problema yun mga hindi siya interesado.

Dahil nagtratrabaho ako, kulang na kulang ang oras para masubaybayan ko ng husto ang pag-aaral ng bunso ko.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites