Monday, March 9, 2009

Ika 10 ng Marso 2009: Bad, Bad Traffic on a Hot Summer Day

Like yesterday, traffic was terrible at the SLEX and even in Makati. The heat is terrible in the van I was riding. I was even seated in front and yet I could feel what those at the back were feeling.......like they were inside an oven. One couldn't stand it any longer, she asked the driver to turn on the fan...... and warm air was circulated evenly. I guess that made things fair for all...... getting your share of hot summer air in what is supposed to be an air-conditioned van.

The driver was on his radio all the time updating other drivers on the traffic situation. He was also concerned about his van's temperature which was overheating. He blamed the traffic and the heat. I was tempted to tell him to junk his van...... or at least have that routine check-up. It would probably do wonders for the van...... and for us, their clients. He was even hot-headed and was sniping at passengers when they couldn't hear him whenever he asked if someone was getting off. They have probably developed temporary deafness from being exposed to extreme temperatures..... and they were equally pissed.... banging the van's door as they got off. Ah, summer can also make tempers flare up.......

It feels very much like the hot summer days are here to stay. But I would surely love to frolic in the beach on days like this. Instead, I am on my way to the office in sweltering heat. It ireally takes a toll on one's endurance. Tis the season to feel sticky.........which I loathe.........

As I went down the van, I hurriedly walked to take a jeepney..... the heat was excruciating. I don't like being in this office too much but being out there under the sun proved too much for this outdoor lover. The office. at least, provides a temporary escape from the heat. I love this office!

PS: Nasira karamihan ng mga piktyurs namin sa HK sa camera ko. Yun mga huling kuha ko lang ang buo. Ang gaganda pa naman non..... Kainis, di ba? Ano kaya nangyari dun? Paiimbestigahan ko nga sa anak ko mamaya.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites