Monday, March 30, 2009

Ika 31 ng Marso 2009: Making Plans

I have to plan this week smartly. Work in the office and in the school is definitely on the agenda. I cannot afford to slack off in school because I find it difficult to schedule a make-up class without sacrificing time at the office. Since the kid and I are leaving in the weekend and will be back early next week, there's a chance I'd miss a day in school. I don't have a problem at the office because I have scheduled and filed my leave way ahead of time.

I have stuff to bring for our trip to HK. We are staying with Dayap. The kids are all excited. It's going to be MS's first trip by plane and I want it to be memorable for him. It's the girls' second trip there. It was supposed to be just MS and I but my girls were insistent that they join. I lost in the battle of the purse. Dayap's youngest son is traveling with us. It's wonderful too that our trip is timed while the weather is still pleasantly cool in HK.

Dayap wants me to bring dinuguan cooked by MIL's assistant. She and her family just love it. That has been arranged. Ingredients were ordered from our favorite grocer last weekend. MIL's assistant has been duly informed of her task. I asked hubby to buy saranggani smoked bangus and spanish sardines which is also part of our foodie trip. Through email exchanges, Dayap and I thought about how the smoked bangus will go well with salted eggs and the dinuguan with puto. So I am bringing those as well. Dayap also wants some pandesal. So I am gonna go to our favorite baker early in the morning to get freshly baked pandesal. Dayap gave me instructions on how to pack the food stuff. The bag she lent me will the food carrier.

It so happened that MD's PTC is scheduled on the day of our trip. So I have to still go to her school to get her card. Knowing MD, she would pester me all day long if I don't get her card. Most likely, I would be packing our stuff on the day of our trip as I have classes the day before that. It's a good thing that our flight is scheduled in the afternoon. Dayap's hubby who will see their son off, will fetch us from the house and bring us all to the airport. Thank God for friens like them. Well Dayap and I have gone through a lot and have been BFF for the longest time.

Tomorrow is also MD's birthday. In keeping with the family tradition, we will have dinner at her chosen resto. That would also mean that there is still nothing I can do with regard to our trip tomorrow.

My social calendar seems also full this summer. I am not exactly sure which ones I can keep. I am thinking of going to the beach with my brother and his family before they leave for the US. There's a chance they might settle there if things work out fine. My brother wanted to go to our mother's hometown to visit our relatives there before their trip. But he told me that they also need to visit his wife's relatives in her hometown. Then, our old neighbor in our old house wanted to see us also after many, many years. Her daughter who is based in Italy sent me a message through one of my social networking sites. This we must keep as the old lady was my mother's best friend when we were still in the old neighborhood. She was like a second mother to us. Dayap is also thinking of going to Leyte and Samar, not Cebu as earlier posted, towards the end of April. My kids would very much like to travel.

I actually commented in my class yesterday on the topic of global village that today's youth are going places...... so unlike in my time. The farthest I went to was my parents' hometown. My siblings and I would experience motion sickness when we travel long distance in an air-conditioned car. My classmates and I would compare notes on our summer vacation in our provinces. My kids and their classmates would talk about vacation abroad. One of my students is a seasoned traveler. She is going to Myanmar for the holy week. Indeed, the world has become borderless.

I better make myself invisible as I am making all this plans........

PS: Nung isang linggo na sa Alabang ako sumakay ay inaasam asam ko na makasakay ulit sa Jayross lucky seven bus. Laking gulat ko na pag dating ko sa terminal na wal yun pila ng mga Jayross bus. Sumakay na lang ako sa unang bus na nakapila. Akala ko tuluyan na nawala ang pila ng bus para sa Jayross at nalungkot ako.

Kanina na sa Alabang ako ulit sumakay, nandon na ulit yun pila ng Jayross. Hay salamat naman. Tyempo pa na pag sakay ko yun jayross bus ang nakapila. Mabuti naman at me matino pang bus na masasakyan sa Alabang.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites