Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ika 13 ng Marso 2009: Friday the 13th

Is this an ominous day? Well, it's payday for most today. That should make this day pleasant. We are receiving our bounty for our half-month toil.

In my case, I need to be at the office early because of a meeting with the new boss. I have no idea what it is...... which makes me kinda nervous. There have been lots of scheming in this office...... if you are not part of the clique operating in this office, you are clueless on what's going on. I am specially vulnerable because I have been out of the loop for a long while working for different officials.

The whole organization is under some kind of a revolt as job rotation among the heads has been implemented recently to expose these officials to the milieu of services of the entire Department. It works both ways. Employees can also ask to be reassigned in other offices. This move also gives some kind of a relief for employees who do not get along with their bosses. I am happy my old boss has been rotated....... for her sake........so she can master all facets of the Department's work. She doesn't seem to be very happy about it....... but I truly am........

So much for all the hassles of a busy workweek...... It is Friday! Even if it is the 13th, I will enjoy it to the max! There's an ongoing sale at SM Makati. Should I go there and be tempted? Should I meet up with friends? It's been a while. Should I simply go home and spend a quiet time with my family and pets? Should I linger awhile in the office and spend some time by myself?

PS: Sa bus na nasakyan ko kanina, napansin ko na nakasuot ng college ring yun konduktor ng bus habang naniningil ng pamasahe.
Wow.... ako kasi wala akong college ring. Naaasiwa kasi ako magsuot ng malaking gintong singsing na sinasabi lang naman gradweyt ako ng kolehiyo. Isa pa at mas ito siguro yun dahilan..... hindi na kayang bumili ng magulang ko ng college ring pagkagradweyt ko at tatlong kapatid ko pa ang nag-aaral. Kaya nga bumilib ako sa konduktor na yon.

Pero teka.... Gradweyt ka ng kolehiyo, magkokonduktor ka lang? Hindi sa minamaliit ko ang pagiging isang konduktor. Pero di ba, marami pa naman oportunidad na pwede para sa isang nakatapos ng kolehiyo. O wala na nga ba? Maraming natapos ng kolehiyo na nasa iba't ibang trabaho na hindi patas sa natapos nila..... yun mga nagtratrabaho sa fastfood, yun mga messengers, janitors, at DH sa ibang bansa. Ganito kaya ang kaso ng konduktor na to?

Naglaro din ang isang kuro-kuro sa malisyoso kong isip..... hindi kaya?...... Pinilit ko na lang isipin na me nakaiwan...... at mahirap na nga hanapin ang me-ari nung singsing sa dami ng sumasakay sa bus. Kaya si mamang koducktor eh isinuot at baka sakaling sumakay ang me-ari.

Ano nga kaya ang istorya ng college ring na yon?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites