Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ika 23 ng Marso 2009: Cool Ride

We have pretty much adjusted with one of our helpers vacationing in her hometown. MD proudly announced that she cooked lunch yesterday. I said she should also clean the bathroom..... and she turned away.....

The morning didn't start up pretty well due to a nagging headache. I knew the solution..... sleep would do wonders. I hope to do that going to work this morning. I headed to Alabang to take my ride going to the office because of the long queue at the shuttle and there was just a single van. Taking the bus at Alabang is my preferred mode of transportation these days. The terrible traffic at the SLEX and the detour from Ayala to Gil Puyat and back to Dela Rosa causes me to be very late whenever I take the shuttle service. I took the jeepney at the end of the road.

Reaching Alabang, I noticed the queue of passengers at the Jayross Lucky Seven bus lane. I actually have been noticing this queue of people for some time. I wanted to try this bus for the longest time but my timing is always off. Either it's bus is about to leave or the other bus has not been filled up...... and I am always in a hurry. Jayross Lucky Seven line has a designated lane in the Alabang terminal. All the other aircon buses are pooled together in the other lane. It must be special and good that passengers would patiently line up and not take another bus.

When I got to the embarkation point, I saw that the other bus was almost filled up. I immediately decided to go for the Jayross bus and lined up. When the other bus left (which is the system used in Alabang. No bus would allow entry to the passengers unless the bus that is currently boarding is filled up), the Jayross bus opened its door. And there it was.... I would learn why this is the bus of choice for passengers. One will be greeted with a nice-smelling bus upon entry. The bus is new and very clean and the air conditioning compressor was obviously in tip top shape as well. There is a red and yellow curtain which serve to obstruct sunlight for those seated at the right side. The whole bus is lined with the curtain.... a little tacky but it's clean. Now, this is a far cry from some of the buses I rode at the other lane..... filthy, smelly, with curtains one should not dare touch or risk tetanus.

I looked around and its signage would read "To Our valued Passengers, Iingatan namin kayo". That is new but let's see about that. The other one reads, "No ticket, no pay". This is not new. They even have movies on DVD video. This morning a Chinese movie with English subtitle was on..... not much to my liking and I wanted to just sleep anyway. The bus personnel look so professional with their beige uniform for both conductor and driver. This is again in contrast to most public utility drivers, shoddy, unwashed and filthy like their buses or jeepney. Going to Alabang this morning, I happened to ride with one who was in front of me. In his sando and slippers, he was clutching his blue shirt jock (the usual uniform of PU drivers) oblivious to stares of his co-passengers.

After the bus conductor issued me a ticket, a lady inspector who looks so strict (pretty much like my elderly music teacher in my high school years) would ask to see our tickets as I was dowsing off. I tried to keep my eyes opened long enough until I am done. With two unsuspicious looking ladies beside me, I slept comfortable the entire trip waking up only when I was about to disembark. It was a very smooth rise.... no jerking or instantaneous action that could jolt one from slumber. I wish all buses are like this... I hope I will be lucky enough to ride a Jayross bus in my succeeding journey to my office.

I still have the headache arriving at the office. I am useless whenever I am in this condition. I should take that power nap during lunch break.....

PS: Nalalapit na ang graduation ng anak ko. Kailangan ko na naman iadjust ang skedyul ng klase ko para hindi sila maantala sa lektyur nila. Nadagdagan ang klase ko ngayon termino dahil nangibang bansa ang isang professor at ako ang naatasang magturo ng subject niya. Mahirap din sa isang nagtratrabaho pag tatlo na subject na tinuturo. Tamang tama lang pala talaga yun dalawa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hihi. Jayross has always been my bus of choice whenever I find myself at EDSA and other thoroughfares. It's clean and cold.

brainchild said...

Para ka ngang nasa eroplano. Siguradong-sigurado na mauulit ang pagsakay ko sa Jayross. Mabibilang na ako sa mga satisfied passengers nila.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites