Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ika 27 ng Marso 2009: Coming from a Food Trip and AI

Two kids are already on vacation by now. Only ED is schooling but that should end soon. Hubby went to work earlier..... and now it's my turn. I am reeling from a dinner party in celebration of MS's graduation. So, pardon me but I am a bit woozy and my judgment might be clouded.

We had dinner at RedKimono/PaintedRed. MS said he wanted to try something new..... actually we always want to try something new everytime we go out. Restos were randomly picked out by everyone but we couldn't quite agree. MS, being the celebrant, would get to choose but said he is getting confused. I suggested we just go to a place and pick a resto there. Hubby drove to Westgate as we can always go back to old favorites, Zong's or Kanin Club. As we made our way through, Red Kimono/Painted Red would come into view. It looks classy and inviting. There were people but it was not fullhouse. In contrast, Kanin Club had patrons waiting for tables as we drove around the block. Hubby parked in the designated parking area.

He and MS led the pack. We were unsure where they were heading. They went for Red Kimono/Painted red. The place looks very modern with its red and black interiors and minimalist Japanese touch. So it is supposed to be two separate restos but with the same dining area..... cool as it can satisfy differing taste buds. Red Kimono serves modern Japanese cuisine while Painted Red offers modern American cuisine. The servers were courteous. However, they were not very generous with the menu. We would have to share. I asked for another American menu. Now, ordering from two restos proved more challenging than it looks..... we had to devise a plan. We would soon make use of teamwork. MS's order would be the least troublesome as he has been consistent in his order of fried chicken and rice. Fortunately, all restos would have their own version of his favorite chicken dish. Here, his order would be found on the Painted Red menu and we ordered cajun fried chicken for him minus the spices. MD and I would team up and order Maki sampler, tempura, and gyosa. ED and hubby would order oyster plate and baby back ribs. MIL would order tuna. Drinks were ordered according to one's preference. I had house tea to go with my Japanese dinner.

The food was good. We all enjoyed it except for MS whose patience was wearing thin as his order was the last to arrive. MD and I got a little irked too. Our order was the first to arrive and they would like to partake of it. We were all starving specially ED who came from school before proceeding to her brother's graduation. MD didn't like the idea. She wanted the food to be complete before we all take a bite. I followed up and the server kept on saying it's coming. Soon enough, the food started coming. However, MS's order had not come. I followed up again. We started eating. It's a good thing, hubby's baby back ribs came with a half a corn cob and MS bit into it. After dinner, MS wanted dessert. Of course, his wish will be granted. He ordered oreo cheesecake. ED and MD would order chocolate paradise cupcake. We would all dig into the cakes to the consternation of MS. Hubby had to order another slice of cheesecake. Everyone was happy after dessert.

Overall, the food was good. he service would have been good enough except that the waiters were too eager busing our plates with food we were still eating. I also told the receptionist about the service taking too long. After hubby settled the bill, we went home.

After settling down, I turned the channel to American Idol at the Star World. Missing its prime time slot, I watched the replay at 11:00 pm until 12:00pm. I was very excited about a rediscovered hobby,photography, and I decided to upload MS's graduation pics in my site while watching AI. It was taking forever. But AI kept me entertained. The competition is heating up. One does not have an inkling who would be sent home. Last night, I was wowed by Adam Lambert's performance..... I think I am turning into a fan. I didn't use to believe in him but it was a totally different performance last night..... His rendition of Smokey Robinson's Tracks of My Tears was ringing in my head on my way to work this morning......

It was raining as I peeped through the window of the bus I rode this morning. My head was heavy as a result of my late night tinkering with my family site ..... but there is nothing that gives me more pleasure than being with the family I love..... and having them on the net keeps them close by.......

PS: Marami akong planong gawin ngayon pero dahil sa wala ako sa kondisyon magtrabaho ay mukang malabong magawa. Pag di ko nagawa ang mga ito, magulo na naman ang mundo ko sa isang linggo.

Ayoko na nagtratrabaho sa bahay tuwing weekend at pakiramdam ko eh hindi makatarungan para sa akin at sa pamilya ko. Pinipilit kong pagkashahin ang limang araw para sa lahat ng trabahong dapat gawin sa opisina at sa eskwelahan. Sa tagal tagal ko ginagawa ito, nakakayanan naman. Minsan pag nagpabaya, me mga araw na parang pinagsakluban ako ng langit at lupa..... at pagod na pagod ako matapos ang araw na yon.

Inaasahan ko na meron ganon klaseng araw sa susunod na linggo.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites