Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ika 31 ng Disyembre 2008: On New Year's Eve Reflecting on the Year that Was

Today is the last day of 2008..... an interesting year for me with so many things that happened in my life. In retrospect, there were many challenges I hurdled and continue to hurdle this year.

The year marked my return to the academe after more than a year hiatus. This blog which serves as my shock absorber was started this year. With more freedom of expression, some repressed emotions were put to the fore which make coping with life more bearable. A major work assignment that captured headlines made me reacquire some lost glory brought about by my strained relationship with the boss. A dramatic change in our lifestyle happened with the first successful breeding of our eldest dog. With that, changes in the living conditions have to be implemented. The current renovation is related to this so as to make human and beasts peacefully and comfortably co-exist.

Still on the homefront, hubby continues to work for the same company. Even with a pledging economy, we still got some Christmas blessings this year. Hubby was also finally given his new car which has long been overdue. The kids continue to struggle with their schooling as they try to maintain their standing in school while juggling their many extracurricular activities. There are some challenges with my son on some subjects but we try to keep an open communication line with his teachers to stay afloat.

While there are blessings particularly this last month, there were quite a number of hurdles. Our finances remain to be the biggest concern with so many obligations to fulfill. I hope to see a marked improvement in the coming year with more prudential management of our funds. Health issues would also continually be a concern but we try to keep a healthy lifestyle by eating unhealthy food and engaging in unhealthy habits only occasionally. We try to live as cleanly and greenly as possible.

As we usher in a new year, let us all continue to hope and pray that 2009 with all its impending challenges would look kindly on all of us. Let us do our share in making this world a better place to live in....



PS: Manigong Bagong Taon sa Lahat! Tapusin ng maaga ang mga lakarin at sana ay maging ligtas ang pagsalubong sa bagong taon.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites