Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ika 15 ng Disyembre 2008: Missing


I was changing bags this morning when I discovered my flash drive is missing. Panic gripped my heart. My head was spinning as I tried to recall where I put it. My USB is my hope for making it through this day. My school files are there and the USB allows me to juggle through both my office and school work. Now, what do I do? Some of my recent files including exams and quizzes with answer guides have not been transferred to our home PC. I don't keep my personal and school files in the office just to be safe. The open network can give unauthorized access to other people and I know of some people here who access other people's files without permission. For redundancy, I keep e-groups for the different schools I worked for which also serves as repository of files and lectures but not the exams.

As a consequence of my unfortunate loss, I crammed and rammed my head from morning to afternoon in preparing my exams. I was praying that I don't get called by the boss. That will surely be a problem. I can feel pain and tightness on my shoulders as I rushed finishing my midterm exams.

In the middle of doing it, I got a call from a former colleague who is a ranking official in one of our regional offices. He was asked by his top boss for whom I work for in the past to call me and ask if I want to join them. I have many times been offered by this top official to join their office. She was so good to me while I was working for her but the work in that office does not excite me. That would be a good way to get me out of this kingdom but I have other plans as well. For some reason, my boss is blocking the path that I want to pursue. Oh well, one cannot have all......

I find it difficult saying outright that I am not really interested in the offer because how could I say that to a top official. I have actually turned down her offer, nicely of course, in the past. But here we are again..... To get me off the hook as I had to finish an exam, I promised my ex-colleague that i would just visit him tomorrow. Gosh, I have to play it right as i do not want to offend..... If anything, I'd like to keep my options open just in case........

Meantime, I have to think hard and retrace my steps as I do a detective job in finding my lost flash drive. Many times I marvel at the wonder of technology in small packages capable of delivering high-powered performance but this is one time I do not appreciate the advantage of compactness. I want to cry but what good will that bring..... I just hope and pray I just misplaced it at home. But finding a teeny weeny piece of equipment may just be a miracle. I pray to St. Anthony de Padua to please help me find my lost USB. To anyone who may find it, please, please, please return it to me..... that piece of plastic may mean nothing to you but it represents many years of hard work for me..... it's my intellectual property. Reward comes in the form of good karma......

PS: Nasa Canada na siguro ang kaibigan kong si V...... Nakakalungkot din isipin na nag-iisa siya dito habang nasa Canada ang asawa at mga anak niya. Napili nilang magmigrate pero hindi maiwan ng kaibigan ko ang trabaho niya dito dahil maganda na rin ang pwesto niya sa kumpanya. Sa Canada, kailangan magsimula ulit siya.

Ilan beses niya rin nasabi sa akin na gusto na rin niyang sumunod sa pamilya niya. Binibigyan niya na lang ng hanggang sa isang taon ang sarili sa ganitong buhay. Malamang nga mas mapaaga pa ang tuluyang pag-alis niya.

Nakakalungkot din at malalayo na naman ang isang kaibigan ko sa akin. Pero mas makakabuti naman sa kanilang lahat yon. Lumalaki na kasi ang mga anak niya at ito yun pagkakataon na kailangan siyang makasama ng mga ito. Sana nga magkasama-sama na sila........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minsan kapag nawawala ko ang mga importanteng bagay, gusto siyang i google, para bang makikita ko iyon ano? sana mahanap mo na ito. baka ayaw ng mga estudyante mong mag exam. hehehe

brainchild said...

baka nga hehehe. nagsipagreklamo nga at nakakanosebleed daw yun exam na ginawa ko. ganyan ako pag nagmamadali lalo humihirap yun exam.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites