Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ika 28 ng Disyembre 2008: Family Reunions

Brainchild's break.........

We headed off to the traditional family reunion on my husband's side. MIL was fidgety and excited as usual about this event. Nothing's changed with us. We woke up late and prepared late. MIL was trying to take charge but all her efforts ended in vain. We together with the two assistants and four of our dogs left home at 12:30pm for a luncheon affair. I cannot leave home with things in disarray.........that's my OCness showing.

During the trip, eldest BIL called to tell us that the clan was waiting not for us but for the sinanglaw, an Ilokano dish of beef entrails cooked in vinegar and ginger prepared by MIL, a request of one of the cousins of hubby. The traffic was good which made the trip short. We were there in no time. Everybody ate by the time we got there. So the sinanglaw became dessert. I overheard MIL telling their relatives that next time she will be coming from BIL's home. At the back of my mind, I was saying fine.....

Actually, I don't enjoy this reunion as it seems to be a bragging party where the elders would want to tell each one about the latest achievements or acquisitions of their sons and daughters. I occasionally do brag about my kids' developments but not in a way where that seems to be the order of the day. They are really good people but I get tired of the same old stories. I do enjoy family gatherings with my siblings but I am not really crazy about clan gatherings. I wanted to leave as soon as we arrived. This probably explains why we are always late in these gatherings. Anyway, it's one tradition I cannot escape from....... It was good enough that most particularly the children were awed by the dogs.

Dayap who was missing in action for the past days called while I was having lunch. She just got free from her siblings who stayed in their home for the holidays. That explains why she did not return my Christmas day greetings. Anyway, she was inviting us for dinner. I can easily be swayed. I told her I'll call her back once I get the others' nod. The kids were fine with it. I told hubby who was sleepy that I would drive.

After the distribution of gifts and cash by productive members of the society to all unproductive members which include non-working kids, teens, and elders and helpers of the families, we left hurriedly as there are still appointments to keep. We went to a dog breeder selling a pomeranian to find out if we have partner for our teacup pomeranian. The pomeranian is way too big for our tiny pom.

Hubby was falling asleep so I took the wheel. We have to pass by my office to get my basket of goodies. Just before turning at Buendia, I was flagged down by a MMDA traffic enforcer apparently for violating the yellow lane. He asked for my license and the car registration. I was letting him issue me a ticket as he tried to dissuade us from paying the fee of P500 and attending a seminar. Hubby was trying to convince him to let us go. I did not utter a word as I would rather pay the fee than give him bribe money if indeed I committed a violation. Probably sensing that we wouldn't pay up, he gave me back my license.

We passed by my office, took the goodies and headed home. After unloading our stuff, we freshened up, took our jackets and set out for Dayap's place. Again, traffic was good and we reached her place quite fast. But our other friend, Mahal, and her family left by the time we arrived due to some family emergency. The girls and I helped Dayap prepare our meal. Hubby went outside to talk with Dayap's hubby who was cooking barbecue. My son and Dayap's son played while MIL took her position in the TV area.

We all had a hearty dinner and a nice evening. Hubby and MIL went back inside to catch up on sleep while Dayap, her hubby, and I stayed to catch up. The girls watched TV. In time, we left. We arrived home tired and sleepy. I hit the sack immediately.

PS: Masakit ang kaliwang bahagi ng leeg ko hanggang balikat at kung ano anong gamot na anag naipahid ko, di pa rin nawawala ang sakit. Naipitan yata ako ng ugat. Ano ba solusyon dito? Sana mawala na ang sakit bago magbagong taon......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites