Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ika 21 ng Disyembre 2008: Efficiency and Effectiveness

Brainchild's break.......

Efficiency is doing things right while effectiveness is doing the right things. Today, the new order is to do the right things right the first time.


Why am I concerned with being efficient and effective on my rest day. Shouldn't that be work-related terms? It probably is in the traditional way. But today, multitasking and time-saving oblige us to be efficient and effective. Most often, we equate weekend with the right to be lazy. We work at our own pace making it hard to finish our tasks. We waste time that we try not to do at work. The weekend is soon over and one wonders what happened in those two days.....

I decided last night that I would go to the dawn mass today.... maybe bring my son who wakes up early along. My two daughters already expressed their lack of enthusiasm on the idea of going to mass that early. I woke up at my usual time and there was enough time to make it to the dawn mass. My helpers who are trying to complete the nine-day dawn masses went ahead. I was still contemplating on whether I would go or not. I wanted so much to sleep. I stood up and went to my son's room asking a half-asleep boy if he wants to come with me. He said, "No, thanks....." Again, I was caught in a conflict.... Fortunately, ,my good self prevailed and I went to mass alone.

Upon reaching home, I texted hubby when he is arriving home from his overnight party. He was on his way home. Good! We can do our marketing early. He arrived soon and we went to the plaza to buy food stuff. After our marketing, I had to supervise the helpers in preparing our lunch fare. My friends from the school and I are having our potluck party at home. Food assignments were drawn up previously by our designated events coordinator.

I barely made it when my friends arrived at home. They came just when I stepped out of the bathroom. They are not high-maintenance and I do enjoy their company. From these, it was all fun with our satirical take on our respective lives. That's how this friendship is all about. We do not exactly call each other everyday but we catch up during our get together days. I guess this friendship is going to last a long time given that we are all highly opinionated people but respect each one's differences.

PS: Sa ngayon ay pinag-iisipan ko na naman ang bukas, Pasko na pero kailangan pa rin pumasok... katamad naman talaga.......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites