Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ika 18 ng Disyembre 2008: My Boy's Wish


It's my son's birthday and I used my forced leave today. I went to his school and brought some food, drinks, and a birthday cake for his celebration. They were having their Christmas party and his teacher kindly squeezed in a little program culminating with his blowing the candles on his cake. When it was time to make a wish just before he blew the candles, he was looking at the ceiling and took about five minutes..... everyone was figuring out what could he had been wishing. After his very loooooooooooong thought-out wish, he blew the candles.

Our helper and I then prepared the food which was distributed by his officer-classmates who were assigned by the teacher. Having prepared the food, my helper and I packed up our stuff and left so that the class can go with their party. My son was actually protesting our presence asking rather loudly if we had to be there.

We went home stopping by for a couple of errands. We picked up up bed linens from the laundry and bought door hinges for the stockroom. Reaching home, I had a quick bite and rest awhile. My eldest daughter and I were leaving again early evening to see my son's broadway presentation.

We left the house around 5pm passing by the mall to buy long bond paper. We need to print passport application form for our passport renewal tomorrow. After that errand, traffic was horrible going to my son's school. The teacher texted that my son was anxious to go home. After navigating this Christmas rush traffic, I reached their school. Parking was the next hurdle. The parking space was overflowing with cars. I had to park far from the school and was worried about my car all the time.

My son was fuming when we got to him. My eldest daughter gave him candy to pacify him. He cooled down after some time and joined his classmates. We got seats just before people could no longer find any. Some stood up the entire presentation. The presentations of the different grade levels were cute and amusing. Professional like Pinky Marquez who is a musical theater teacher in the school lent their support. It was not perfect but not bad either. On the whole, they gave us an hour of entertainment.

We left after the presentation and I was thinking having dinner outside. My son announced that his Dad told him that his birthday treat will be on Sinday. Hubby is also on a Christmas party roll since yesterday. We decided to go to Kenny Roasters. It's been a long time since I ate there.

Again, I had to do a couple of errands. We passed by our sanitary wares shop to return a toilet seat cover we couldn't install. He showed me how to do it and I was enlightened. After this, we proceeded to Kenny Roasters. I left my kids there and shopped for some electrical supplies for electrical work on Saturday. I rejoined them when my eldest daughter texted that food was ready. We immediately went home after dinner. My birthday boy was already sleepy.

I am too beat up now but still need to do a couple of things for school before retiring. Since yesterday, I am pleased that I was able to do what I set out to do. Before the day's is over, I am over my quota for the day.

PS: Sana ay hindi maging mahirap ang pagrenew ng passport bukas. Pero isa ang siguradong mahihirapan kami...... Ayaw ko sana lumabas pero kailangan....... Hindi namin maiiwasan ang traffic na gawa ng Christmas rush bukas. Taon-taon, itong weekend bago magpasko ang pinakamatraffic. Alam ko kasi natataon yun birthday ng anak kong bunso sa linggo bago ang pasko. Nung unang birthday nga niya maraming di nakarating dahil sa traffic. Para rin malungkot sa bata pag malapit sa pasko ang kaarawan at iisa ang regalong natatanggap. Kadalasan para di masyadong malungkot ang anak ko, dinadagdagan na lang namin ang regalo niya

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites