Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ika 24 ng Disyembre: Christmas Eve


I had to go to the office on Christmas Eve and I am nor feeling well. I have to because I was on leave yesterday. I am under the weather and it doesn't help that it is drizzling. I am cold and I want to curl up in bed. Good thing that my middle daughter and the helpers are doing the preparation for tonight's Noche Buena. I told my daughter to prepare paella and sotanghon soup. She volunteered to make sandstorm, a refrigerator cake. The sotanghon soup should make me feel better.

If I remember right, I was also running a fever Christmas Eve last year. The year before that I was rushed to the hospital for asthma attack. Is this some kind of a tradition?

I was in the office around 10am expecting that we will be sent home in the afternoon. But the news that came was it was going to be a whole day affair as January 2 will be declared a holiday.

I had lunch with a colleague as we tried to catch up with the burning issues in the office. It's been a long time since we talked and there have been interesting developments. I went back to the office feeling weaker and numb from painful joints, head, and back. I want to go home.

Emerging from the ladies' room, I met the top official I report to for my latest assignment. We greeted each other and engaged in small talk. I learned from her that work is suspended and we can go home...yay! The rest of the office does not know and were surprised when I made the announcement relayed to me by the top official ..... that made me a not so credible message deliverer. I should have just gone home quietly without anybody's knowledge. When I am asked next year, I will just cite my conversation with the top official.... She did say that! I am not hallucinating because I am ill.

Anyway, I should be on my way home soon. I will be with my family. I will curl up in bed and expect to be served today. I will celebrate in Church with the rest of mankind the birth of our Lord Jesus tonight.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS BE IN YOUR HOMES TODAY AND ALWAYS!

PS: Sana naman wag ako matraffic pag-uwi ko. Kaninang papasok, naipit na ako sa mga namamagang katawan ng babae at lalake. Yun lalke napakagentleman ni ayaw ibahin yun pwesto ng braso niya para di alanganin yun pagsandal ko. Parang nagrereact pa pag iniiba ko yun pwesto ko at nangangawit ako. Sa inis ko pinahalata kong me sakit ako at suminga pa ako ng hindi naman parang lumabas na yun kaluluwa ko at baka maguilty. Wala dedma siya.... Nung bababa pa nagpakita pa ng inis at hindi ako agad makatayo para paraanin siya. Kung di ganito pakiramdam ko pinatid ko na yun. At buti na lang pasko, mahaba ang pasensiya ko pag pasko. Sa susunod na taon lagot ka sa kin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, nakakatawa naman yung mama' na nakatabi mo ate. Magandang pasko sa inyong mag-anak. Nawa'y maging masaya at masagana ang inyong pasko.

Anonymous said...

magpagaling ka pala. nalimutan kong sabihin.

brainchild said...

Salamat sa pagbati. Magaling na ako kaya pwede na ulit maglakwatsa hehehe.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites