Monday, December 15, 2008

Ika 16 ng Disyembre 2008: Still Missing

I still feel inadequate as I have no idea where my USB is..... You see this piece of device is like my alter ego. In my absence, it can take over..... I have made some information I use for my various endeavors available online so I could easily access it. Technology enables me to just bring myself somewhere and with a PC or laptop get access to these information and present it to my students or a willing audience. The USB however is like an organized filing system which includes my relevant office work and most of my school work. During my JPEPA work in which I had to deal with voluminous papers, the USB allowed me to be mobile and travel lite. I have use the USB for recent school work which was not transfer to a PC or laptop.

But what can I do?

1. I'll continue to search and search until I turn the house and my office drawers upside down (The thing is if I lost it outside. The USB is permanently parked in my bag as it is an extension of myself. With weekend activities I could no longer trace, it could have accidentally got snagged by my finger or something as I was struggling to get my wallet or something inside my bag and fell unnoticed.)
2. Accept my lost, buy another USB, and recreate my filing system !@@##$$%%&^&*&% (Incidentally, this was issued to me by my office. I hope it's one of those stuff which qualifies as supplies so I don't have to replace it after some period of time it has been in my possession if it is declared as lost. Otherwise, I need to replace it@#$%^&*)&^$%$.)
3. Learn from this mistake and immediately transfer new files before laziness kicks in.
4. Stop beating myself and do nothing because thinking and agonizing on it just give me a headache.

Still, I pray that I find it. I get attached to things I own for sometime specially if these things serve me well. BUZZZZ, my flash drive, served me well...... and if I won't be able to find it may he restin peace knowing that he will never, never be replaced in my heart..... and if ever I replace it out of utility and not something else, it will never be the same again.

Today, I wish my wish will come true.

PS: Palapit na ang pasko at ito yun mga araw na masarap pumasok at halos wala na ginagawa sa opisina at busy ang lahat na nagpaparty o nagoorganize ng mga social activities.......... Pero hindi ako at nakakapraning sa akin ang linggong ito..... patuloy ang gawaan sa bahay bagama't itong kontratista ko hindi na sa bahay gumagawa kundi sa shop nila. Isasalpak na lang ang mga ginawa pag natapos. Bukod dito, nagpapamidterms pa ako at hahabulin ang pagsusubmit ng grado sa Biyernes. Syempre nanjan din yun mga imbitasyon sa mga Christmas parties at dahil me ilan grupo din akong sinasamahan marami-rami din ang pupuntahan kong ganitong mga kasiyahan. Kaya ko to!

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites