Friday, December 26, 2008

Ika 27 ng Disyembre 2008: Tranquility

Brainchild's break...... you don't believe that, right! There's no such thing as a break in the weekend. Maybe slowdown but not really a real break.... Some of my physically taxing days fall on weekends.....

Morning's activities dragged because our water pump broke down. We called water delivery and the technician. Hubby set out early for their grand homecoming. MIL was asking me to drive her to the market to buy ingredients for her share of the potluck to bring to our annual family reunion tomorrow. I suggested that we get the ingredients from the supermarket as some are not available in the nearby grocer. Middle daughter has cheerleading practice and asked me to bring her to their meeting place. Once, I was back home, I sat in front of the PC to steal some time while waiting for action.

Soon, the technician was here. Then, my brother and cousin came for something we discussed yesterday......... and there was materials delivered for the renovation. They came simultaneously and things became chaotic. They all left about the same time. I tried to go back to where I started and then the water delivery came. I had to attend to it but let our boy assistant handle the job.

Now, I am back again trying to get some peace inside this little room with the door shut. I remember the tranquil feeling of driving through an almost empty parking lot this morning when I brought my middle daughter to their meeting place. I like the unrushed look of the place, so different once the crowd begins to fill up the space and one hardly noticed what lies within...... the huge place begins to look so small and imposing from where one is......... In this tiny room, I like to compose myself and get ready for what the day brings......

PS: Natuloy and panonood namin ng Baler kagabi. Sabi ng panganay kong anak, binigyan daw ng gradong A ng mga manunuri ang pelikulang ito. Isa itong kwento ng pagmamahalan ng isang Filipina at isang Mestisong Filipino na me dugong Kastila na tinututulan ng ama ng dalaga nung panahon ng pananakop ng Pilipinas. Nung unang bahagi ng kuwento ay maganda ang pacing ng pelikula. Tamang tama lang. Maganda ang cinematography. Respectable ang pagganap ng mga pangunahing artista gaya ni Anne Curtis bilang si Feliza at Jericho Rosales bilang si Celso. Magaling si Philip Salvador bilang ama ni Anne Curtis at isang rebolusnaryong galit sa mga Kastila. Mahusay din ang pagkakaganap ni Baron Geisler bilang pinuno ng mga Kastila na nagtago sa simbahan ng sinugod sila ng mga rebolusyonaryo. Pero bumagal na ang takbo ng pelikula nang magkuta na ang mga Kastila sa simbahan na umabot ng kulang kulang isang taon na sa tagal maiinip ka na at gusto mong batukan na yun pinuno nila para sumuko. Sa katapusan ay sumuko rin ang natitirang mga sundalong Kastila. Bagamat napakaperpekto ng mga pangyayari sa karamihan ng mga eksena ng pelikula, kalunos lunos din ang pagtatapos nito sa pagkamatay ng bidang lalake. Pero mas nalungkot ako sa pagkamatay ni Bravo, ang aso ni Jericho, na ginawang asusena ng kanyang mga kasamang Kastilang sundalo nang utusan niya itong magdala ng sulat sa kanyang kasintahan. Grabe talagang nalungkot ako dito.

Sa kabuuan, pwede na rin ang pelikula lalo na at nakakuha kami ng discounted tickets na binebenta ng mga me sobrang tikets kahapon. Kailangan manood pa kami ng ibang pelikula para meikumpara ang Baler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Amor. May the Good Lord shower more blessings your way this coming new year.

brainchild said...

Thanks and Happy New Year too Mahalia. Hoping you and your family would stay happy and cool in the years to come.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites