Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ika 8 ng Disyembre 2008: Whirlwind on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Interesting morning....

My middle daughter who has no classes today because it was the Feast of Immaculate Conception was off to their cheerleading practice. By coincidence, we were leaving home at the same time. She was downstairs and peeping outside the door. Then she told me that her classmate who is a boy was outside and they would go together to the practice. I asked why he was going to the cheerleading practice. She said he is a lifter. I taunted if he will lift her. Brushing me aside, she said she couldn't do lifts. I said let's go. When we went outside the boy was nowhere. Irritated, I asked where her classmate is. She said he just there. We started walking and the boy was still nowhere in sight. I told her to call him and he couldn't seemed to get the direction. I told my daughter to tell him to go back and waited for him. Soon, he emerged and walked to our location. He was blushing and appeared to be very shy when he saw me. He walked behind us. We took a tricycle.

I was supposed to alight at the shuttle terminal but decided against it when I saw a waiting dilapidated van. Or was it because I wanted to snoop some more....... And so I rode the jeepney with my daughter and her classmate. It must have been the most distressing time for her classmate. He must have heaved a sigh of relief when they got off. And I was thinking is he her boyfriend. She said he is not her boyfriend but she agreed to be picked up at home..... waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! My baby has a boyfriend......

Anyway, the jeepney I was riding stalled in an area which is a short distance by jeepney to where I am getting off but still a long walk. I told him I was in a hurry and demanded that he give me back my fare. He asked where I took the ride. He gave me P2. I raised hell saying he didn't complete the trip and I have to pay another jeepney with the same fare I paid him. He said that his vehicle stalled. I said that's why he should not have plied it. He was forced to give me the full fare murmuring something. I took off.

I rode a bus at Alabang and arrive at the office soon. It was to be a short stop as we are off to our institutional party at the PTTC. We were brought to the waiting shuttle buses which was supposed to leave at 11:30am but left more than an hour later. When we arrive, the mass which was to start at 12:30pm hasn't started. Some of us took our lunch. I was about done when the priest arrived. I hurriedly concluded my lunch. The mass was a double celebration of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and thanksgiving for the Department. Light snacks was provided after the mass.

While everyone was busy partaking of their sandwiches, I tried to be invisible and blended with the crowd avoided people I know. I had to quietly sneaked out because of my class tonight. I decided not to attend the program anymore as I think it will not be so interesting.... There was not much to look forward to. As I would leave early, I would have enough time to go to Landmark and window shop. But I overheard one of our colleagues say there is a bazaar at the World Trade Center and there are some really good stuff..... A plan was hatched....

I sneaked out stopping over at the ladies room and put on my camouflage and removed all traces of my being part of the party. As I was getting out, a Director saw me and talked to me. I tried to act cool. He got a call and I bade him goodbye. I headed straight to the exit and was almost flying to the WTC reaching it in record time. Of course, I headed to my favorite section, housewares and decor. I needed to be wise in my time because it was such a huge place and I only have less than an hour. I immediately saw what I was looking for. I reserved one item telling the sales personnel I would get it before I leave. I went aisle to aisle using my eagle eyes to see my favored items. I talked to some suppliers for possible purchase. I can't buy so much because i still need to go to class. I covered all aisles in record time that I could qualify for Guinness Records on speed bargain hunting. I purchased a wall decor with a girl in pink glittery ballet outfit for middle daughter's room. Lastly, I stopped at the store and bought my reserved item, a very nice wreath with the Holy Family overlay which was on sale being the last item of this kind. Happy and contented, I left and headed for school.

This has been a whirlwind day...... I need to unwind now.....

PS: Kinakabahan ako at baka nga me boyfriend na ang anak ko....Bakit? ang bata pa niya...... Maluwag naman kami at sinabihan namin sila na mga edad kwarenta pwede na sila magdate....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites