Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ika 20 ng Disyembre 2008: Unlucky Streak

Brainchild's break......

Today the big event would be our party in the school. We were being lured into attending it with a promise of everyone getting something when we go home. That's a good enough deal. Where else can one get free food and entertainment and still bring home a prize. And the prizes are no joke..... TV, washing machines, DVD player, etc..... Another come-on is we are only 9 teachers in that school, if we are to count the other staff maybe 13.... let's say 15 with all the other people there. That should give me a fair chance....hmmmmmmmmm

But pondering over it, I never won in raffle draws...... the odds is not even a positive number. I get picked in raffle draws where the prize is more like a punishment than anything else............like who will work during Christmas parties or go to Luneta to attend our Independence Day celebration or who would not be given a new PC. These are but a few examples and some have a semblance of truth. Once, we tested my luck in raffle draws. Everyone was getting a prize so that means I was getting something come what may. Just when everyone but a handful had their gifts, my name was not yet picked. The person drawing the names who is aware of my luck was concerned that maybe my name was accidentally excluded. Hence, the draw continued until the very end with a promise to me that I would be getting something even if my name was not there. I was pleased enough until..... at the very end, my name was finally called. See, I knew all along what the outcome would be and this is consistent for every raffle draw I participated in.

Given my luck, I was still determined to attend our party as I know it will be fun. The prizes are not the only reason I am attending our Christmas party. I would admit though that the prizes are nice baits. The school owner, a generous lady, will be there to celebrate with us. I would be meeting all the teachers for the first time. All the students will also be there.

I was late going to the party because there are errands to run as usual. Traffic is also bad at this time. The party hasn't started yet when I came with middle daughter in tow. Middle daughter once won top prize in a bingo game in our village. Hubby also admits to being unlucky in raffle draws. Both my eldest daughter and son have not brought home something really big in raffle draws in their school. In a family with below par luck in raffle draws, my middle daughter would be our redeemer because of that one victory. I was hoping that her luck would rub on me.

The party was fun..............and with only a small number of people attending, it was warm and made memorable by the presence of the school owner. A truly generous soul, she made sure that everyone gets a prize to bring home to...... And guess what? Nah........ I didn't win the TV or the washing machine. The school owner added two more TV sets and a DVD player to the raffle prizes.

I went home with a new DVD player and loads of gifts from students and colleagues and won in games ...... and that was good enough for me. What is good is that I met my colleagues, some of them for the first time. Since, we are mostly professionals moonlighting on different times, we don't get to meet and interact with each other.

We really couldn't leave early because Teacher Nelia kept on adding more gifts.... When finally, it was apparent there was no more additional gift, the party went somber and we went home soon.

It's five days to Christmas and I feel like a kid wanting to open my gifts which we do on the eve of Christmas as a family tradition. By this time, the kids and I should be packing our Christmas package for the carolers.... I am looking forward to that.

PS: Kahapon walang nangyari sa lakad namin sa DFA at nag-iba na pala ang patakaran nila sa proseso ng pag-aapply o renewal ng passport para sa mga kawani ng gobyerno. Ngyon, di na direcho na ipaprocess ang papeles mo. Bibigyan ka lang ng schedule para bumalik at maprocess ang pag-aapply ng passport @!@#%$^^&&**(*.

Hindi ko na muna isasalay ang karanasang ito at gusto kong bigyan ng sariling blog ang tungkol dito. Masyado maraming masasabi sa mga !#$%^&&*((()*(&%^ na taga DFA na yan para sa pangaraw-araw kong blog kaya gagawin kong espesyal yan.

And masasabi ko lang !#$%^&(#$%^^&)_*^&^^^^ niyo. Sanay na sanay kayong mag-aksaya ng oras ng mga tao.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites