Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ika 6 ng Disyembre 2008: Foreman twice over

Brainchild's break......

This has turned into one hell of a day......

As soon as the workers arrive, I was their foreman. Ago told me that he told one of the workers to report to the house. I asked him, "....to do what?". Besides, he committed to the other worker. There were just supposed to be two workers, him and another one. But not wanting to hurt feelings, I told Ago, I am using the other one for some odd jobs.

In the three weeks that they have been working here, I have the following observations on Ago who is the foreman. While he does a good job by himself, he couldn't really lead and motivate people. He doesn't plan what to do. And do not sequence the work in a systematic manner resulting in redundant work. He can't also operate without help. I have seen enough construction workers to know what a good job is.

Whenever I am at home, I direct things. So today, I played the foreman's role to the hilt directing the two workers and letting Ago work on the painting by himself. At times, he would call out t the other workers for assistance.

By late morning, the contractor I called to estimate the gate, screen doors, and glass top arrived. We talked and soon he was measuring the work areas. He was in MIL's room when another contractor for the gate arrived. I have been trying to get in touch with this contractor who is also our bird cage maker for some time and he has not come to the house until now. Talk about timing.......... I have to assure the first contractor whom I worked with in the past that the job is his.

The first contractor ad I left the second contractor who was measuring so as to show gate designs I like within the village. I returned promptly to talk to the second contractor who told me he got sick. He told me he would send copy of the designs by email.

About the time, I was showing the gate design to the first contractor, the service office of the shower enclosure and jacuzzi called telling me that the serviceman is on his way. Hubby also wanted to go to the bird breeder to buy a cage and look at birds. I told him we could do that after lunch. But since I was expecting the serviceman, we couldn't go anywhere. So, I simply continued my foreman's role directing the two workers and running errands to get things done.

The serviceman arrived just before 5' o clock. I led him to my bathroom to start his work. He was still at it when we went to Church to hear anticipated mass. The mass was almost finished when my helper texted telling me the serviceman was done. I told him to wait.

From the church, I pass by the garden supplies and accessories to return the excess sack of white stone which was not used anymore. When I reached home, the serviceman was ready to go. I gave him the service fee and thanked him.

A lot was accomplished today that made me miss decorating the house. But by now, work inside the house is almost done or very minimal. Tomorrow, I shall decorate the house whatever it takes.......

PS: Feeling ko ang dami na naman gagawin bukas..... naman talaga.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites