Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ika 26 ng Disyembre 2008: The Day After Christmas

I am feeling much better now except for a pain on my left shoulder. I have been healed. I am not sure what cured me. My friend gave me medicines and I don't even know what it is and some vitamins C with zinc. She swore on its efficacy. I took both and paracetamol. I never really get sick easily. I think the flu shot we get annually is helping to keep us healthy. It must be from living a stressful life. Without the flu shot, I could have been rendered useless for a week. But here I am up and about.

I have also been using the air revitalizer given by my friend, Dayap, with some scented oils, a combination of lavander, peppermint, and eucaliptus since Christmas eve. On Christmas morning, I experienced some relief. I wanted to stay inside my room the whole day yesterday and lie down but BIL and family were here for our Christmas celebration. After lunch, I invited SIL who wasn't feeling well also inside my room to test the effectiveness of this alternative medicine I have been using for our family. I lie down in bed as SIL sat on my lounging chair as we talked about life in general. I was falling asleep but tried to keep my eyes open. We only came out when they were about to leave. It was raining but I felt much better in the evening.

I am ready to go today. I will be doing some errands and things for myself. I will buy materials for the renovation work at home and go to the saloon for hair coloring. I have to let some time pass before a new treatment is done to my hair to prevent hair damage. I am also thinking of giving my car a thorough cleaning.

In the evening, my daughters and I will be watching a MMFF entry. There are eight official entries this year namely Desparadas 2, Ang Tanging Ina Niyong Lahat, Iskul Bukol 20 Years After, Baler, One Night Only, Shake, Rattle, and Roll X, Magkaibigan, and Dayo. This is also one of the traditions I observed with the girls which started with the first Mano Po movie. From then on, it became a tradition observed every Christmas. I actually forgot until the girls asked what movie we will be watching citing Baler as the movie to watch this year. They also mentioned Desparadas 2 since we enjoyed watching Desparadas last year. In the yearly MMFF movies we have seen since starting this tradition, I actually liked and enjoyed some like Mano Po 1, 2, and 3; Crying Ladies; Aishite Imasu; and Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo. Except for exceptionally good Filipino films, I don't usually watch Tagalog films and the MMFF saved for its 1994 scandal produced some quality ones.

Last year, we watched Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo only due to a lack of interesting entries. The previous year, Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo. We have been transformed into Juday followers even if as a teen actress, she was actually considered "bakya". That was also the time, we stopped watching the Mano Po series. In 2005, Ako Legal Wife, a satire on the Mano Po series. In 2004, Panaghoy sa Suba, Aishite Imasu, and Mano Po 3. In 2003, Crying Ladies and Mano Po 2. In 2002, Mano Po. I don't recall what we watched in 2002. In 1999, Muro Ami. In !998, Jose Rizal which got us started into this MMFF entries watching.

Based on the trailer, we will be watching the following movies. I think my son can join us in one, Dayo.

Baler


Ang Tanging Ina Niyong Lahat


Dayo


PS: Salamat sa mahabang bakasyon at marami-raming magagawa at mapupuntahan. Dahil dito, malamang na butas ang mga bulsa namin pagdating ng bagong taon......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites