Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ika 15 ng Mayo 2009: Then, There's Two

Danny Gokey was eliminated..... and I like the guy. It's not that the other two are not good. They all are as the judges said that this season of American Idol may be one of the toughest results nights in its history. Indeed it was...... Kris Allen is the formidable darkhorse, the musician with a knack for good song choices and good arrangement. Adam Lambert is the consistent performer who wowed everyone, myself included, with his provocative rendition of "Track of my Tears". Since then, this rocker became one of the judges favorites. He is a likeable guy but rock is just not my genre. Like him, Allison Iraheta might be good but I am not into their music.

Early on, Danny was seen as a shoo-in to the finals. The guy is good. It's just that the other contestants also began making their marks as the competition went on. Danny also has a good story to tell...... His wife who encouraged him to join the singing competition passed away a month before his audition. His poignant love story adds to his appeal. When he and his best pal who saw him through his pain both made it to Hollywood, Danny just had to make it to the top 12. His friend didn't make it but he did so easily and quite expectedly. There may be some performances where he fell short of the great expectations on him but overall, he delivered a solid performance in his entire AI journey.

Last night, he sang his final song, "You are so Beautiful", with the soul of someone who feel and believe it so....... his hoarse voice revealing an emotion so raw, it left him vulnerable. Watching him perform the song again more beautifully than the the previous night, I can't help but feel how he adored his wife. I will miss the guy........ his good looks, his shy smile and his soulful eyes. I had to watch him sing again in the replay this morning after arguing with MS on who gets TV rights while having breakfast ....... that voice is really haunting. As I made my way to work this morning, I can still hear Danny singing, "you are so beautiful to me........." hoping at least somebody thinks I do........

Next week, I am sure we will all expect fireworks as two powerful performers battle it out for the coveted title of the American Idol. Who is your bet?

PS: Mahirap pala ang magstud ng aso. Akala ko pag mahilig yun aso, madali na nila gawin sa iba yun. Kaya ako naman, isinama ko ang serbisyong stud service sa aking pet site. Swerte naman na me sumagot sa ad ko na yon. Itinakda namin ang araw ng pagstud. Kinontak ko ang shooter at di ko naman alam gawin yun.

Nung dumating na ang araw na yon, akala ko ay kayang gawin ng aso ko yon ganon bagay kahit walang shooter at ginagawa na niya sa mga aso naming babae. Kahit anong pigil ko ay nakukuha pa ring niyang gawin. Aba, nagulat ako at hindi pala ganon. Ayaw ng parehong lalaking aso ko na parang pinipilit sila na gawin ang isang bagay na natural nilang nagagawa, sa harap ng maraming tao. Aba at nahihiya rin yata sila..... Matapos ang ilang ulit, napagdesisyunan namin na iwanan na lang ang asong babae at hayaan na magkakilala silang mabuti at gawin ng kusa ang dapat mangyari. Matapos na magsama ng magdamag ang aso kong lalaki at asong babae, kahapon ay matagumpay na silang nakapagstud bagama't me konting pagtutol nung una. Mamaya ay ang pangalawang pag-sstud. mahigpit ang bilin ko sa mga kasama ko na pagpahingahin ang mga aso bilang paghahanda sa mangyayari mamayang gabi......

Ganito pala ang pakiramdam ng isang bugaw........

2 comments:

Jan said...

I was rooting for Danny Gokey to win AI. He seems authentic to me and boy can he sing! He really can sing the pants off women and some men, too.

His personality is great, too. Look at well he took his elimination. Quite a young gentleman.

You're right about that siren song of his. It was powerful. Sana naman nakonsensya mga Kano who did not vote for him on the fateful night.

Hays...sayang. ",)

PS: you've lost me on the lower part of the post. Iyong may kwento tungkol sa aso. ",)

brainchild said...

Uy, we like the same guy. Really, sayang si Danny no.....

Oh on my dogs.... I am a pet lover which has grown to be some sort of a cottage industry for me. I have this pet site where I sell some puppies (only to good homes). I have two male dogs who appeared ready to be studs for dams or female dogs in heat. I advertised that service too and got initiated into it with my first stud client recently. I didn't know it was that hard making dogs mate..... we were literally forcing them. In the end, we had to do it the traditional way.... The dam was left with us so that they can get to know each other first before they can be mated. I felt like a pimp after this incident hehehe......

Thanks for the visit Jan. I am honored to be talking to the man behind one of the influential blogs this year. Congrats and more power!

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites