Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ika 22 ng Mayo 2009: Is that a Threat?

MS has been slacking off a bit since his summer classes ended on Wednesday. Today, he is supposed to restart his summer duty, scrubbing the stairs, abruptly cut because of his summer classes.

Yesterday, we had a bit of an altercation. I am disgusted with his new pet, a spider he caught and placed inside a small glass jar with holes on the cover. You know how kids thinks every thing they catch is worth keeping...... Daily, he put flies he catches using the battery operated fly swatter, inside the jar. It's on top of our coffee table. Our napkin consumption has gone up since he started doing this. I discovered that he uses the napkin to get the fly from the swatter. I have been nagging him to release the spider, first appealing to his kindred spirit being an animal lover too. He wouldn't listen and insisted that he is taking care of the spider. I had to be tougher. I warned him that I will throw the whole thing. And guess what? He threatened me back. He said rather menacingly, "Do that and I won't clean the stairs!" I had to back off. He does make a good job of scrubbing the stairs with a rag. It's shiny and clean.

This morning I gently reminded him about his duty as he was lazing on his bed. I went down for breakfast passing by the disgusting jar. I have to devise another plan to dispose of this pest in my house. How do I appeal to a headstrong boy who thinks he can preserve all living creatures by domesticating them? The thought is killing me........

It's the weekend! Ya'y

PS: Hirap naman talagang sumakay sa lumang bus. Pagpasok pa lang amoy luma na. Parang batang gusgusin na marungis pa. Ang traffic pa naman at mahina ang aircon. Maya-maya, isang mama ang humingi ng basahan tumutulo yun aircon sa tapat niya. Buti na lang di ako yun nandun. Hirap non ha.

Kailan ba mapephase out ang mga bus na ganito!!!???

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites