Monday, May 11, 2009

Ika 12 ng Mayo 2009: The Trouble with Goodbye

I woke up early and went to see my brother, SIL, and nephew in MD's room. They spent the night in our home. They were all up. My bother was dressed. He will hitch a ride with hubby to go back home..... he forgot something. Probably, he wants to have one last look of their home.

MS soon woke up and went inside MD's room too. He had been looking for his cousin since he arrived from school yesterday. My brother and his family arrived in our home a little before midnight..........He and his cousin did their usual stuff.

We all went down together for breakfast. We talked and teased about the usual things...... After breakfast, hubby headed for the door. Soon after, my brother followed him. As he opened the door, I told him that I might be gone when he returns. He turned back and approached me. He lightly hugged and kissed me on the head and jokingly told me this is the first time he was doing that. I smiled and wiggled out..... There was a pinch in my heart hiding behind the tough facade. We are not good with emotions..... I was looking at my brother's silhouette as he went out .... thinking that would be the last time I would see him walk out of that door. I held back the tear.....

MS would linger a while playing with his cousin in the study room. As usual, I saw both of them seated on the office chair.... MS had to prepare for school. He did so reluctantly and quickly went back to the study room to rejoin his cousin.

I went up to prepare for work myself. Soon, MS's school bus arrived. He sadly said goodbye to his cousin and aunt hugging and kissing them. In time, I was ready to go to work too. I said goodbye to my nephew and SIL. I lingered on a few minutes to make sure everything was fine. I left instructions with the helpers. I told SIL to wake the two girls up before they leave.

I finally went out. Perhaps, it's best that I don't see them off today..... No words could describe the emptiness I am feeling ......... Bye little brother......

PS: Kagabi napagtanto ko na maikli na naman ang panahon bago kami magfinals habang iniisa isa namin ng mga estudyante ko ang mga dapat pang gawin. Napakabilis naman ng isang trimester talaga! Halos hindi ka na makahinga sa pagkakasunod-sunod ng mga pangyayari. kamakailan lang nagmidterms sila...... ngayon finals na ang pinaghahandaan namin...... naman talaga.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites