Friday, May 22, 2009

Ika 23 ng Mayo 2009: Chicken pox, Anyone?

Brainchild's break......

On the way to MS's school to enrol my son. Hubby and I were talking in the car. I told him that ED told me that she needed a booster for chicken pox. All the kids probably need their booster shots. I think we were not able to complete some of the recommended shots for MS. That's the thing about being in the latter part of the order of child birth. It is said that the eldest gets everything while succeeding children get the crumbs.

I always thought that I treat my kids fairly. However, I must admit that indeed MD and MS got the lesser and the least portion respectively of everything needed for their development as they were growing...... Not because we love one more than the other. It's just that more of them are competing for our already limited resources. Then as they grow up, it's just not their physical needs that we need to provide. We need to prepare them for a good future too. As much as we want to give all of them everything in equal share, there are not enough resources always. Think about poor families with ten or more children..... What do they do?

Because ED needs to be healthy and disease-free as she pursues higher learning in her field, she needs to undergo an annual physical examination every year and update her shots. Last she was checked, her hepatitis shot is still active although on the wane. She was advise to get a booster for chicken pox though. She told me to arrange to have her booster shot made or else find someone stricken with chicken pox and just expose her. Both ED and MD dread getting it late in life. I got it just weeks prior to my wedding from my sister and then passed it on to my youngest brother ........ It was the worst feeling one can get...... the pain and then the nerve-wrecking itchiness, not to mention the worry about how I'd look on my wedding day. I'd like to soak myself in alcohol once the itchiness set in. So I totally understand where ED is coming from......

As hubby and I hopped from one errand to another, I was keenly eyeing anyone with the shingles in the hope of granting ED's request......

PS: Ang dami na naman gagawin sa bahay. Ilan bumbilya na naman ang papalitan. Yun dating grounded na mga ilaw, ayan at pundido na naman. Kailangan din maglagay ng switch ng pump sa taas. At ang TVng di inaasahang nagawa kailangan na palagyan ng cable at patungan. Kailangan namin si ........... super.........electrician!

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites