Friday, May 15, 2009

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Let me borrow the famous quote from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, immortalized in songs, movies, and used by lovers in their secret message to their loved ones......

My son cries out for the uncle and cousin he misses..... In his account to us as we were having breakfast a day after his uncle and his family left, he had done so four times, twice in school and twice at home, without letting anybody see him. The other night, his sister caught him crying again as he was throwing the tissue he used. I was not home yet. He told his sister he misses his uncle.

I am dealing with my own pain on my brother's decision to seek a better life in another land. But my son hurting expand the dimension of my own pain........ I never realized that my brother and his son have made that much of an impact in my son's life. Being still a child, I thought that he would just miss playtime with his cousin. The following morning I went to his room and carefully explained to my son why my brother had to make that difficult decision. He nodded as he tried to understand the reasons why he should lose people who matter to him as a time they consider them to be part of his life. Maybe, it would take some time before he would be able to accept and understand these reasons. I told him it is ok to cry sometimes to ease his pain.......

Just as tears refreshes the soul, so can parting bring hope..... of seeing someone missed sometime...... that would be when bitter turns sweet ......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites