Friday, May 1, 2009

Ika 2 ng Mayo 2009: Nostalgia

Brainchild's break.......

Since yesterday, I have been uploading our old photos in our family site. My brother was here yesterday and that got me started with the task as he handed me his memory stick with our scanned old photos. I smiled and reflected on the time that passed since those pictures were taken as I was uploading the pictures. There's joy as I relive those poignant memories of our yesteryears.......a feeling of nostalgia enveloped my being as I look at our pictures when my kids were young and I was a young mom myself..... What happened all these years? It seems like it was only yesterday as I never really felt time passed me by..... One look at my kids and they are all grown...... not the tiny babies dependent on me for everything.

We all love looking at old photos that pierce the heart and evoke raw emotions. We may have not known the pleasure they bring years later when we see ourselves immortalized in those photos. Through them, we are reminded of our past when life was simpler and we live life with careless abandon....... why should we care about our uncertain future anyway. It's so different now..... time's passage not only aged us but changed us as well. We never know if the family and friends we have may be estranged with time's passage. So seize and savor the moment........ give in to the stirrings of the heart.

PS: Dami ko gusto gawin sa buhay ko ngayon. Natapos ko na lahat ang mga gagawin ko kaninang umaga. At me oras na pwedeng gamitin na sarili. Gusto ko magpunta sa parlor para magpa-foot spa. Gusto ko rin palinis ng kotse. Gusto ng anak kong bunso pumunta Cartimar. Gusto ko rin manoood ng pelikula. Meron lang akong mga tatlong oras na pwedeng gamitin bago kami magsimba maya maya..... Makatulog na nga lang.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites