Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ika 8 ng Mayo 2009: Looking Forward

I was thinking, maybe hoping, that work might be suspended because of the inclement weather. MS's teacher texted me last night that their field trip today will be postponed due to the typhoon. He said that there will be regular classes unless signal number 2 is imposed. Isn't it weird that summer classes are suspended because of a typhoon? Anyway, I was hoping that the suspension extends to me.

Last night, it really rained..... actually it poured out. I came from an unexpected dinner party of our administrative head in school which the owner hosted for her in her condo in Serendra. I was tired and it was late when I finished my class.... but somehow I had to say yes. Except for getting home late, I was actually free for the night. It was the first time that the invite to such private event held in the residence of the owner was extended to the teachers. I was the only teacher in school. How could I say no. Besides, I was kinda curious about Serendra. I said yes.

After class, the two school staff, a sister of one, another guy, and I went to the dinner party. The celebrant went ahead of us. Unfortunately, it was raining hard and I really couldn't see much outside as we drove in front of the condo. We went to the basement parking and got out of the van sent by the owner to fetch us from school. The celebrant, the owner, and a couple of their friends were at the dinner table when we came in. It was a small party. The place is nice and cozy with a white colored wall. The crystal light fixture provides an interesting pattern that looks like wallpaper on the wall. The table was cleared and fresh food was served for us. We took over the table as the rest of the party went out for a smoke and some watched "Tayong Dalawa" over a Sony Bravia, probably 52" lcd TV. My mouth was watering, not over the food nor the soap that is showing ....... but the nice and wide black screen. I could only remember my teeny weeny 14" old TV set.... that was good enough for me but it had to be struck by lightning......... and now I am exposed to this giant screen.... and I could only dream..... sigh. Anyway, we had salad, chicken relleno, pastel de lengua, pancit, and dulce de leche cake from Red Ribbon. We were talking and watching but I avoided looking at the TV most of the time.

It wasn't long after we finished dinner that we all prepared to go home. I was dropped off at the shuttle terminal. I was praying that there will still be a van waiting for passengers. It was late at night. I would be riding a bus if there was no van anymore. I don't want riding a cab late at night. Between getting held-up along with others and being waylaid and ditch in an unknown location, I'd go for the former. My prayer was answered. There was still a van. Five more passengers got in before we left. The travel was fast and I fell asleep. When I got off the van, the rain was pouring hard. Since the street where the tricycle terminal is located is being repaired, I walked about a kilometer going to the terminal. It was great that the tricycle I rode had a piece of plastic hanging in front of the driver as its only rain protection. I was soaking wet when I arrived home. After disinfecting myself, I went to bed.

Maybe, one can understand why I want work suspended today if summer classes get suspended. I had one long night. However, no good news was forthcoming. MS went to school. And I had to go to work too. Hubby is even spending the night in a resort as he is part of the advance party for their company outing tomorrow.

It's Friday. I am looking forward to the weekend. We would have a clan gathering tomorrow at my cousin's place....... and a Sunday lunch which is my brother and my send off party to our youngest brother and his family in my home..... We would probably miss my youngest brother in our family gathering for a long, long while. I asked my other brother to buy my favorite caramel cake from Estrel's for the two occasions...... it's so sinfully yummy..... dieting becomes a mortal sin. Unfortunately, it's one of those bakeshops with only a single location..... and of all places, QC (there used to be one in Recto many years ago)...... I have been a follower of this cake for a long time but get to have this treat once in a blue moon....That is another reason to look forward to the weekend.

PS: Huling araw na pala ng trainee ko sa division. Wala pa pala siyang diseotso at hindi dapat nakapasok sa amin bilang trainee. Pero nakapasok nga dahil dineklara niya na diseotso na siya kahit sa Hulyo pa ang kaarawan niya. Bata pa kasi at di marunong magtago ng mga ganitong bagay kaya nadulas sa isang kapwa trainee. Ayun ibinisto siya sa HRD namin.

Nagpaalam siya sa akin at ikwinento na kinausap na siya ng mga taga HRD at sinabihan na huling araw na nga niya ngayon. Mabait na bata at magalang din. nakaklunglot din tuwing aalis na ang mga trainees namin. Napaaga pa itong nakatakda sa division ko..........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites