Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ika 18 ng Mayo 2009: Monday Mixed Nuts

I had a restful weekend. I paced my tasks so as not to be overwhelmed by it all. I should always tell myself that I can't do everything. Yet, there are days that I violate this self-written rule.

This weekend I watched the American Idol Season 8 Marathon..... from 1:00pm up to 10:00pm. I think that it has been programmed that the marathon be shown the weekend before the finals since the show gained popularity. I had the chance to watch shows that I missed. I even squeezed in errands between and during shows. I especially relished watching the night they featured the standards/ballads/jazz which is one of the two shows I missed during its regular run when my TV broke ...... the top 5 where Matt Giraud was eliminated. All five contenders are good but unfortunately there is only one American Idol.

One of the tasks I did while watching the show was my DIY on my bathroom door. My DIY project is a success! My bathroom door looks awesome with the Magnolia design that I chose. I think I would be asking my friend, V........, or my other friends and relatives coming here to buy some more Artscape window film for my other window and door treatment.

All of this should be making me feel good about myself going to work today... I had my day planned out. There is one errand to do before I buckle down to work .... pay my credit card bill. I have to withdraw money to do this. It's actually an errand that breeds other errands..... the kind we all have...... I was set to go out to do this before lunch. I got my credit card statement. I took my umbrella out because the sun is blazing hot like an Idol's performance..... Then, it dawned on me that I forgot my passbook. This is one of the passbook account I maintain because I don't want to be tempted into withdrawing money all the time........ darn. I can't withdraw without a passbook as this is not my bank branch..... and my credit card is due........ My pleasant Monday suddenly took a detour.

PS: Kanina habang nasa traffic sa SLEX, nakakita ako ng isang CNG powered bus, nakasulat dito na proyekto ng gobyerno. Nung nagtratrabaho pa ako sa isang international organization, isa itong paggamit ng CNG sa mga sasakyan ang mga solusyon na isinusulong namin sa mga bansang tinutulungan namin. Salamat naman at nadaragdagan na ang mga initiatibo tungo sa pagsusulong ng kalikasan dito sa bansa natin.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites