Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ika 7 ng Mayo 2009: Memories

I woke up quite late. I must be tired these days. I rushed up because I had to dig through our albums in the attic. MS needs a family picture for their school activity today. He texted me last night that he needs art materials and a picture. I prepared the art materials last night. I was too beat up to go to the attic last night. I told myself I'd wake up early and do it in the morning.

Two albums are with my brother because I asked him to scan some pictures. One has a family picture...... darn. I was trying to find one among the loose pictures..... nothing! I started looking at the albums. This will take a long time. As soon as I found one that is almost a family picture, I took it. I am missing from the picture though. I would have a painful discovery too. Going through some albums, I discovered that some pictures are already missing. ED and MD have been getting some pictures because of school requirements and are not returning them. Those pictures are precious and can never be recreated once lost. The negatives are almost certainly impossible to locate. With the fast changing technology, the process of recreating those pictures may be obsolete in the near future. I would have a lecture on this wanton disregard soon! They probably never appreciated the time, effort, and money I spent on those photo albums. More importantly, they do not realize the memories that go with those pictures. Don't we all smile or wax nostalgia looking at old pictures? Am I just getting old?

MS and hubby were already halfway through their breakfast when I came down. I tuned in to American Idol which I forgot to watch last night....drats. Hubby left shortly and MS was finished. I was still having breakfast when my cousin called. I had to gobble the remainder of my breakfast quickly. Flies abound and I didn't want to go back and continue eating with some of these pesky flies hovering over my food. She reiterated her invitation to us she relayed through MD. She and her hubby are celebrating their _th wedding anniversary and her eldest sister is coming home from UK. It's rare that the family gets together and I said yes, of course. Although, I am planning to also hold a going away party for my brother this weekend. That means it has to be set on Sunday.

With so many distraction, I knew I couldn't hitch a ride with Manong. I had to be attentive when he comes however, to ensure that MS brings the stuff he needs. If he forgets, I'd be blamed for it. I hurriedly took a bath. As soon as I finished, I called to MS to remind him to bring his art materials. When Manong came, I had to shout from my room again for MS to bring his materials for the nth time. I calmly prepared for work after overextending my motherly duties.

Today, I took a van at the shuttle station. With the rain, the parked van looked so inviting. As we weave our way through traffic, I am thinking of this Saturday's affair. That would be another camera moment for me when the clan is gathered. We will make some memories even as we lose some.........

PS: Me bagyo pala kaya maulan......si Emong na papalapit na. Mukang nawawalang na ako ng pag-asa na makapunta pa ng beach. Tingin ko tag-ulan na talaga.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites