Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ika 30 ng Oktubre 2008

Interesting exchange at home with MIL before I left for work.......

Descending down our stairs, I noticed her cane resting atop the sofa with the tip (the part directly touching the ground) on the middle of where one would sit. You guessed it right, I felt an instant rush to remove it saying rather sarcastically, "Can't this not just stay on the ground!" within her hearing distance. Well, MIL is no pushover and she said calmly, "The cane is washed everyday so it's not dirty." I remember a similar conversation with hubby on the same circumstance sometime ago as described in my Ika 7 ng Agosto 2008 post. I explained, "I don't know but I simply do not like anything touching the ground on surfaces where people sit" I could add eat, sleep, rest to that or more specifically on surfaces where the cleaner parts of the body (those you wouldn't want touching the ground...in my case, that includes my feet) would be in touch with. She did not respond to it anymore or maybe she did not have a chance because I was moving around too much. Maybe she understood how an OC like me operates after living with us for some months. I bade her and my son who is on his early morning gaming in the study room goodbye and left after saying my piece.

At the terminal, I noticed an empty old van waiting for riders. I decided I couldn't take aggravation today and headed straight to the bus terminal at Alabang. I sat on the three-seater beside a couple with a guy holding a hand-carried luggage on his lap. I couldn't help but noticed him because the luggage restrict his movement and he is probably inhaling his own carbon dioxide. The ride was easy and smooth. Along the way, I couldn't help but think I am the same way, even worst. I don't put my bag on just any surface, definitely not on the floor, particularly not on the floor of a toilet. Incidentally, I got this email saying that ladies' bags are actually harbingers of germs, bacteria, and therefore sickness. One is advised to not put her bag on a dining table. You don't know where that bag spent time.

When I shop...... If the plastic bags and its content would in any way be brought to my bedroom or store in a cabinet or closet, it will definitely be carried on my lap. Last night, there was this woman standing on the bus who wouldn't let go of a very heavy grocery bag. Again, I am reminded of myself. Many, many years back, I was victimized by a sex maniac inside a jeep when unknown to me he was able to place his hand on top of my lap under a heap of shopping bags. Too tired, I didn't notice it until I felt a slight movement and peeped under my shopping bags. I was shocked to find his hand on my lap but I reacted calling attention and cursing him until he hurriedly get off the jeepney. This means that my OCness has been with me for so long and it could actually put my life or limb at risk.

What is obsessive compulsive disorder anyway? Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder that can cause significant damage to the sufferer’s life. OCD begins with obsessive thoughts. These lead to the development of behaviors meant to control the thoughts. The behaviors then become compulsive rituals. The person feels strongly compelled to perform the rituals in response to the disturbing thoughts, even though relief may be very short-lived. Well, I have the following questions today which could be thought provoking on a slow Thursday at the office.

When is a compulsion obsessive?
When is obsession compulsive?

Please anyone, my co-OClics, help me find answers....

PS: Meron na naman karakter na nadagdag sa aking mga kwento, ang bagong kaibigan kong lady guard sa me terminal ng mga shuttle service sa Ayala. Hindi maganda ang unang enkwentro namin nung isang linggo lang .....

Galing sa eskwelehan, nagtungo ako sa terminal para sumakay pauwi. Itong si Miss Lady Guard ang nakapwesto sa pasukan ng terminal. Pagdaan ko, ipwinesto ko ang shoulder bag at messenger o laptop bag ko para idaan niya ang instrumento niyang tumutunog. Buksan ko daw. Nakasimangot na binuksan ko. Pagkabukas ko sinilip ng konti at pinaalis na ako. Asar na asar ako dahil parang nang-aasar talaga at wagi siya. Humanda siya sa kin sa susunod.

Kinabukasan, pag-uwi ko ulit galing eskwelahan, ganon na naman...dadaanan ko na naman siya. Buo sa isip ko na hindi ko na bubuksan yun bag. Pag daan ko, iniumang ko ulit yun mga bag ko. Buksan ko daw. Sabi ko buksan na niya. Pinipilit na ako magbukas. Inilagay ko ang bag sa lamesa nila. Ayaw niya galawin. Kinuha ko ang bag at pumasok ako. Pinabalik niya ako at sinabing di daw pwede yun. Ibinalik ko ang bag sa lamesa. At napilitan siyang buksan. Sinabihan ko na siguruhin niyan iinspeksyunin niyang mabuti ang bag. Sinita ko rin na me nakakapasok na hindi niya tinitignan ang bag. Pagkuha ko ng bag ko, binalaan ko na oobserbahan ko siya. Parang nanghahamon, sige daw bantayan ko daw siya. Hindi sabi ko iba't ibang oras at pag natyempuhan kong me pinalagpas siya, patay siya sa bisor niya. Gabi na kaya di na ako nagsadya sa opisina nila para ireport ang pagiging mapamiling at di masusing pagsisiyasat at pati na rin ang asal ng gwardiang ito. Isa pa bakit di matulungin yun gwardia na to? Nakikita ng ang daming dala hindi pa magawang tulungan ka sa pagbukas ng gamit. Marami din kasi ako karanasan ng pang-aabuso ng mga sikyu kaya di ko mapalampas ang mga ganito.

Kaya kinabusan ulit umaga pa lang planado ko na. Me oras ako mamayang gabi kaya patay siya sa akin. Kinagabihan pagkatapos ng eksaminasyon ng mga esdyante ko, dali-dali akong nagpunta sa terminal na inaasahan ang di maganda. Malayo pa sinisilip ko na si Lady Guard sa gawain niya. Pumila ako sa linya patungo sa kanya...... at nang pagkakataon ko na, itinutok ko na naman ang laptop bag ko sa kanya. Nakangiti na kinilala niya ako at sinabing, "ay si ma'am, sige na nga...." sabay palampas sa akin. Natawa na lang din ako.

Simula non, friends na kami at sinisiguro ko na sa kanya ako magpapasiyasat ng bag na susuklian lang niya ng pagngiti at pagbati.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites