Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ika 19 ng Oktubre 2008

Brainchild's break.....

Lazily, I woke up this morning still reeling from our celebration yesterday. It was fun but tiring too. Aside from our families, we only have one guest, our HS friend we fondly call Mahal (love or expensive) for being glib in letting out expletives particularly PI (Pinoy version of SOB) in a funny way and her family. She also has all sorts of experiences that she can make you feel you are the luckiest person in the world even if you just figure in a car accident or were fired from your job. Mahal is also part of our HS group but took a different course in college. Dayap and I were also classmates/batchmates in college. Inspite of that, we managed to get together even then. That was until early in our career and as we were settling down, we lost touch with Mahal. As Dayap and I remained close, two other friends settled in Canada and the US but we remained in touch. We were wondering what happened to Mahal until we had our HS reunion in 2005. A classsmate who is a colleague in the bank Mahal works for, contacted her, and she was able to attend the reunion. We were so happy we are all together again. You know the feeling when you reminisce your HS together and put the pieces of that wonderful memory with each one filling out a piece of the puzzle. That's how it is when we're together.

With our busy sked and Dayap working abroad, we don't really hook up frequently. So whenever we do, we make sure that it will be worth our time. It never fails....... our get together are always enjoyable occasions and even our children have grown accustomed to each other. It was like old times yesterday as the three of us huddled in a table with our kids joining us and hovering, maybe trying to find out what we have done so that their own actions may have justifications as well.... hmmmmm.

We don't plan fastidiously and even accommodate unforeseen glitches in these meet-ups. Yesterday, Dayap learned that her hubby, my co-celebrant, had some activities at their church. I also had to do my home chores first before we can go. Mahal was asking what time they would go to Dayap's place at around 2:00pm and it was supposed to be lunch.....well, late lunch ..... but not cocktail. We left home at past 2:00pm. We reached Dayap's home after more than an hour of travel. Preparations continued as we prepared the buffet table. My eldest daughter and hubby was asking what time we would eat. After having enough fare on the table, we partook of our modest feast. After our very late lunch or early dinner, some of the children went to the clubhouse to swim. Dayap and I and our able assistants continued the preparation as I continue to monitor Mahal. Dayap kept on telling me that maybe Mahal wouldn't come as she had stood us up one too many in the past. Well, I kept my hopes high.

Soon, Mahal and family came. Dayap's hubby and their son came back from their church's activity. The kids and adults who went to the clubhouse came back. The buffet table which was replenished and completed with the rest of the offering looked so appetizing. About an hour after lunch, we were having again our dinner cum snack. I didn't eat much as I was too full from lunch but I enjoyed the dinner because of the ribbing with these two friends, Mahal and Dayap.

We would probably go on like this till we reach the twilight of our lives. These friends have made me ageless. Whenever I am with them, I don't feel time's passage and live for the moment. I don't have many 'true' friends but I have enough to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground and not lose sight of my place in this universe. On this Sunday, I sit back and think about how my friends have enrich my otherwise ordinary life.

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

PS: Sa loob lang ng isang oras ay tatanda na naman ako. Maging mabait kaya ang susunod na taon sa akin.... sana naman. At kung lilingunin ko ang nakaraan, naging mabait ba ang kahapon sa akin? Marami pa rin akong nais marating at me ilan bagay na nakamit ko na rin. Pero habang patuloy ang buhay, ay aasa pa rin ako na lahat ay magiing maayos.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites