Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ika 3 ng Oktubre 2008

My awaited day once again. I should be happy but I am not......

My son is on his field trip and I am monitoring him. He brought a celfone, Hubby's old celfone, given to him in the weekend. He has been bringing it to school since then with my admonition to take care not to lose it. He is not very careful with his stuff and needs constant reminders which he hates. Manong bus driver can't bring him home because they will be back late. It's been arranged that my helper will fetch him.

I had make-up class this morning and it felt different. I have been used to an evening class for the past several years. I was late for 30 minutes because the van I was riding in got apprehended by the Makati Yellow Boys after turning left from Pasay Road to Paseo de Roxas for beating the red light I think. The driver was trying to reason out with the traffic enforcer saying the light turned yellow on his turn and it is illogical to stop in the middle of an intersection which is true. The crusader in me wanted to meddle which i did in the past and got the traffic enforcer more riled up in pounding the hapless driver. Thankfully, I was in too much hurry as I was late for my 9:00am class. I passed the Asian Institute of Management and turned left at the corner retracing my steps coming from the school through the same route one time. And what do you know, I miscalculated and went an entire block instead of a few steps to reach school ^%(!#$%&^***(*** I was huffing and puffing when i reached school. My class was promptly conducted after the usual preliminaries. It's also the last week of classes. Final exams will be given after the students take their Cambridge exams starting next week. the school is affiliated with University of Cambridge and passing the exams can qualify the students for entry in the university and other foreign universities. In two weeks I will also be conducting review classes for one of the subjects I am teaching in preparation for this exam.

After my class, I proceeded to the office. There are not so many leeches, I mean people around which is good on a Friday afternoon. My daughter is coming home tonight and i would meet her later. That should make me happy because our family is complete. My daughter has been spending longer time in school doing lots of work that she hardly stays home even in the weekend.

........ as I said I am a bit melancholy on this Friday.... actually since yesterday after getting this text message from a friend.......... "........Wen do we meet b4 i b admtd 4 my .........? My 1st biopsy rsult was diagnosed cancr......Wud lyk 2 mt u guys" I hate this messages. I hate cancer for having no surefire cure after losing both my parents to it. I hate cancer for cheating one's life of its promise. I worried sick for another dear friend who went through the same ordeal a few years back and here I am again.......... Not that my friend wouldn't go out of it fine but the CA word is always a damper. I was watching this rerun of Sex and the City last night. Call it a coincidence but the episode had Samantha played by Kim Cattrall discovered she has breast cancer after a surgeon assessing her for a boob job accidentally discovered a lump. Carrie played by Sarah Jessica Parker was the first to know and effect was immediate. Samantha wanted to delay breaking the news to their two friends, Miranda played by Cynthia Nixon, who was getting married, and Charlotte played by Kristin Davis, their emotional friend so as not to spoil the wedding day bliss. This sad news will be revealed during the wedding reception anyway and the four friends including the bride would all share the burden in the middle of a happy occasion.

That is what my friend wants I guess..... share with us whatever she is feeling before going under the knife. Of course, I will be there as usual as I made it a point to see them, four of us, like the friends in Sex and the City, when life is too much to handle. We are gonna have a ladies' tete a tete this weekend.

PS: Sana matapos na ang araw na ito...... yun lang.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites