Friday, October 10, 2008

Santana

Santana is one of my all-time favorite band. I put on their music as I was waiting for my helper to remove all bed linens and instantly, I am in the mood for just about anything.......... Most of their music that I love are dedicated to a woman which might explain my affection ..... love songs that speak volume. The instrumental renditions are always great, almost perfect........ particularly the guitar. Rolling Stone named Santana number 15 on their list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time in 2003

1. Stormy



This would in fact make it to my top ten favorite which I have been wanting to write about for the longest time but couldn't find the time to sit down and do it. Ironically, the song stirs in my head like fresh breeze even if it suggest the opposite . ..... It's composed style has that calming effect on the nerves even as it speaks of a longing for love long gone......

2. Maria, Maria



Cool Latin music...... so crisp, haunting, enticing, seductive ...... I can go on listening to this song forever

3. Smooth



........ indeed so smooth...... if I may add so sly....yet I love its roguish touch so much....

4. Game of Love



A collaboration with Michelle Branch, another great young artist, ......... nice beat.........danceable, singeable....... I could flip.....

5. She's Not There



An oldie but goody........ a song of regret and hurt hidden in an enraged song ..... great instrumental interlude which is really Santana's signature.....

6. Black Magic Woman



Another oldie that I love since I was young...... it seems to hold back but unleashes its force towards the end...... nice beat, tempo..........

So what's your favorite Santana song?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites