Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ika 22 ng Oktubre 2008

Another lazy day.... too lazy to do anything. I feel so tired. Last night, I could have fallen asleep handling my review class were it not for my fear of being ridiculed eternally by my students if it happens. You know..... picture taken with my saliva drooling..... and then posting the pics in internet sites titled "Professor caught sleeping on the job". I was dead tired. I literally dragged myself out of the van I rode going home. I remember a time when the driver had to rouse me from my deep slumber as I was probably in the Stage N4 of my NREM sleep. I was so embarrassed. I rushed out of his van and walked like a zombie to my house. That was exactly how it felt last night. It's good that my subconscious was able to trace my way home even if I was half-asleep. Maybe, I was sleep-walking.

Following the first and second parts of my narration, this is the last of my Monday saga.

After the last of my instructions was relayed to our helpers, we went our merry way to the chosen venue, Italianni's. It will be the kid's first time to dine there. It would be hubby's and MIL'S baptism too. But not for me.... I think I have eaten there thrice or twice. One of those time was during the wedding reception of an old friend who migrated to the US. I don't exactly remember the food but I like the ambiance of the place.

As we were cruising, hubby texted asking where we were as he was already in the area. I told my daughter to text him to get a table for us already. When we arrived at the place, I dropped MIL and my two daughters first. I told my son to stay with me in parking our car. I spotted a nice parking slot and went for it....


My son and I walked to the venue. As we entered, we were greeted by one of the staff of Italianni's. We went straight to our table and hubby and the girls were looking at the menu. The place was not so crowded which is good but is definitely filled with the cozy and warm Italian ambiance, like you're in Italy. I haven't been to Italy so this is the closest I can get.


The attendants are so nice, warm, exude the right sweetness and charm to win and convince customers, knowledgeable, and communicate well. Our server is Lelen, a pretty lass who made sure that we would have a pleasant experience. For starters and probably to ease the patrons'empty stomachs, we were given a basket of freshly baked focaccia bread to be dipped in a concoction of olive oil with herbs and balsamic vinegar. The basket was empty in the blink of an eye. Lelen, so sensitive to our needs and probably sensing we might kill each other for the last piece of bread, offered a second serving. After consuming the second basket, slowly this time, Lelen offered a third serving. But we nicely refused the offer as that would already be gluttony.

My family and I were not familiar with their food. So just old times, we use the tried and tested formula of asking our server what their specialty is. Usually, the house specialties are marked on the menu. Italianni's menu is just like that. Still, we feel that the servers know better. I usually ask what the customers always order. Frequently, the servers' suggestions are right on the money. Lelen suggested a beef dish with pasta on the side. I couldn't remember the name of the dish. I never remember the names of the dishes anyway except when we order it frequently as it has become a favorite. She also suggested their seafoods pasta and classic pizza. Each of us ordered our own drink.

While waiting for the food, the attendants and a manager went to the table beside us. With a panacotta topped with a lighted candle, the crew sang an entertaining birthday song for a birthday celebrant who might be blushing as the song went "... macho, macho man, I wanna be a macho man....." Then, a plan was cooked. My son was to tell our server that it was also my birthday secretly but not quite.

Soon the food was served......so fast and efficient...... nicely laid on our table ready to be devoured. We said our grace before dinner..... and we're ready. The beef dish looks so yummy.... the beef looks so succulent. That was the first sampler for everyone except my son who hasn't quite developed the taste buds for better food.....
Everybody agreed Lelen was right. Each took their own serving of pizza and pasta...... good enough but the beef dish is perfect...... tender, juicy, simply delicioso..... . Lelen kept coming back asking if we need anything and if the food was good. We were teasing her that we didn't like it even if nothing was left on the serving plates. I didn't think that my son enjoyed the food so much he only ate two slices of pizza and a little pasta. So I told him he could order dessert. I asked for the menu and let my son choose. Lelen was suggesting their house favorite, a chocolate cake with filling, but my son opted for the cheesecake. It was served fast and we all dug in..... it's yummy, you can really taste the cream cheese unlike some cheesecakes that only hint of cream cheese.

As we were savoring the last of our food, the crew came with their birthday song for me which is actually a medlry of the birthday song and some novelty songs capping is with ......."...... bongga ka day.... bongga.....bongga ka day, sige lamg, sige lang.... itaas ang kilay...." Hubby said he wouldn't celebrate his birthday there. It was actually amusing but I would have blushed if there were many people. Fortunately, there weren't many patrons as it was a Monday.

Looking around after an enjoyable meal, I am thinking this is my taste of Italy. As an active life observer, it would be nice to do people watching there someday.

The hard part came next.... Hubby asked for the bill. After reviewing it, he handed his credit card to Lelen. We also gave her the discount coupon. After settling it, we lingered some more and hubby looked at the bill one more time telling us that the cheesecake costs P350.00..... whew the price of a meal for a family of six in a fastfood chain. Lelen approached us explaining the entries to hubby. But thinking about the great food and excellent service, we could forget prices sometimes and just enjoy the moment. Before we left, Lelen called his manager to tell us that we can avail of another P500 discount in our next visit. They ran out of coupons. He told us to just look for him or Lelen.

We went home feeling full and happy. My eldest daughter rode with me as I told her to accompany me to Church as I haven't thanked God for giving me another year. The Church was dark when we arrived. It was around 9:00pm. We went to the adoration chapel that my daughters fear because they witnessed a person being possessed brought there in the past. We said our prayers and went home. Too tired, I headed straight to my bedroom, cleaned myself, and dropped on my bed. I was asleep in no time probably dreaming about the day just past.

There you have it..... my recollection of one action full-packed day. Can't wait to have the next one....

PS: Napabayaan ko na naman ang paggagawa ng final examination ko na inumpisahan ko nung isang Linggo at hininto ko dahil hiniling ng mga estuyante na ngayon Linggo na lang na ito mag-eksamen. Matatapos ko rin naman ito at kailangan tapusin. Konti pa........ konti na lang...... ayan na..... yehey.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites