Monday, October 27, 2008

Ika 28 ng Oktubre 2008

It's a friend's birthday. My niece, an old friend, and a number of college classmates were also born on October. I noticed that a lot of people I know were born on the ber months...... September, October, November, December.... tapering by January...... my other friends' and acquiantances' birthdays would randomly fall on the other months. This probably confirms the fact that contrary to popular belief that June is the wedding month, December up to March might see an upsurge in weddings. Reports from service establishments actually point to December as the months when most wedding bookings are made. Why December? Why not when it's the merriest of all months..... that would extend to January, a brand new year, a brand new start....... and February? it's the love month........ and March? it's just the start of the summer season, it's not too hot to wear a wedding gown.

Then again, we're talking legitimately conceived persons. Could there be another explanation for the numerous births in the last trimester? Could it be that the chilly weather makes one more romantically inclined? There sure are a lot of bebes conceived on these months? Whatever the explanation is, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend V......... whose parents conceived her at the start of the year many, many, many years ago......

I am probably thinking nonsense again. Sometimes I just have to let my mind wander off the normal course.... to give it rest. So I have to think silly and amuse myself. I would at times stifle a laughter and end up looking crazy...... like last night in a bus. I wasn't thinking at all and when the bus conductor came to me, I gave him my fare and said "Buendia" (my embarkation point instead of giving him my destination)...... not so funny really but I wanted to laugh at my stupidity so I ended up stifling a laugh. I know I looked crazy..... if you have experienced it.... you try to avoid being looked at and when people looked at you, you can tell by the look on their faces that they think you're strange......

This morning when I took a bus, I tried to be alert and think straight and I was able to give the conductor the right destination. But this thinking straight makes me feel sleepy.... and I also blame the home movie showing about savages living in forested lands and engaging in tribal war.... so gory I couldn't look.... and I ended up falling asleep.... to be interrupted by the loud man beside me speaking to his friend at the other seat.... and the loud woman speaking to her companion while standing..... Why, oh why should these people think we are interested about their trips or grocery list or their affairs!!!!

Because of my interrupted sleep..... I have a big headache right now.....

PS: Kahapon napag-usapan ng mga matataas na opisyal ng bawat opisina sa aming Departamento ang mga samo't saring bagay tungkol sa magandang palakad o "Good Governance". Maganda ang intensyon dahil gustong isulong ang magandang serbisyo sa publiko ng isang tanggapan pampubliko. Meron isinusulong na "code of conduct" ng mga empleyado na kung susuriin ay dagdag ng paghihigpit sa mga karapatan pantao ng mga manggagawa. Bakit ba kailangan dagdagan ang paghihigpit sa mga taong ang tatanda na para di makaunawa. Oo, meron ilan bulok na itlog sa amin pero bakit apektado ang lahat? Meron naman batas na pinaiiral na matagal na gabay na namin. Kailangan pa ba bigyan ito ng interpretasyon na pabor laman sa mga nakakataas sa pwesto para pairalin ang kapangyarihan nila? Kung me ilan na nagkasala, bakit di na lang parusahan ang nagkasala base sa kung anong sinasaad sa batas? Hindi naman kailangan ng bagong batas, kailangan yun pagpapatupad sa batas ng pantay pantay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's good to laugh about ourselves every now and then, gives us air in our lungs and make us feel good! my lungs are actually bloated up right now, I always find something to laugh about my little imperfections in life.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites