Friday, October 24, 2008

Ika 24 ng Oktubre 2008


Our system was down once again. It kept me idle even if I had planned out my day . I couldn't work, blog, email, or play....... Too disappointed with having nothing to do on my pc, I invited my officemate to an early lunch. Being my comrade at the office, we had lots of catching up to do. You know office politics, crab mentality, changing of the guards, wheel being round, and all sorts of stuff you don't talk about in an office full of leeches, I mean co-workers. With too many stories to share, we had an extended lunch. We had to cut it as my officemate received a text message from one of the leeches, I mean our colleague.

I did some errands before going back to the office. Once at the office, I checked if the internet was working...... still not. What will a technology-dependent freak do without the internet? It's practically my alter ego. Work and leisure actually depend on it. Even our phone lines were not working. I read the papers but even that can be done online....

Oh well, the downtime happened at the time when I will have my cake and eat it too. Our event management savvy colleague who is in charge of buying a cake for the birthday celebrant bought my cake. Apparently, the cake is one of the perks for being in that office. I requested for the Dulce de Leche by Red Ribbon. We have a P500 cake budget and that would qualify. I had to add P30 for delivery. Last year, I requested for Banoffee Pie, Princess Diana's and Queen Elizabeth's favorite as claimed. As the network was down, we had time to tete-a-tete for sometime talking about Obama and McCain particularly on Obama's alleged terrorists links and unexplained money. I am not sure how media is able to come up with all sorts of crap at the homestretch of an elections. It does make one pause and think about likely consequences of an Obama win if these latest allegations are true. HE still leads with 12 days to to..... I still am a supporter with some doubts cast. Hubby said it rightly that whoever wins has to make tough decisions.

After the cake-eating moment, I was back to my seat with nothing to do still..... I checked my students' test papers but was falling asleep doing it. I checked only the objective parts. I checked my connection from time to time.... Before I knew it, the day is finished and I have an unfinished business.....

PS: Ooperahan ngayon ang kaibigan ko na nadiagnose na me cancer ng unang doktor na sumuri sa kanya. Sa pangalawang pagsusuri sinabi ng doktor na hindi cancer pero kailangan pa din sumailalim sa operasyon. Alam ko naman na kaya niya labanan ito. Pero mas naniniwala ako sa pagtawag sa Diyos sa ganitong pagkakataon. C,,,,,,, kayang kaya mo yan at ipagdarasal ko ang matagumpay na operasyon at ang mabilis na paggaling mo........... Para maari na tayo ulit gumimik :)

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites