Friday, October 17, 2008

Ika 18 ng oktubre 2008

Brainchild's break.....



We are going to my friend, Dayap, home for a joint celebration of my and her hubby's special day courtesy of our mothers and fathers. Mine is actually on Monday but since Dayap is based overseas, we decided to have it this Saturday that she is here.

I am not sure if this is going to be tradition for us. Last year, we did the same thing. I invited my family and some friends and so with them. Since Dayap and I go a long way, we share common friends anyway. Our families too are like our own.

Since it's my celebration, let me take it easy today. MIL's assistant is taking charge of the cooking. She's quite good in preparing various cuisine. Dayap and family had lunch in our home one time and I served them dinuguan (This might be gross for the uninitiated as this dish may actually be used as a challenge for Survivor. It is actually blood stew, pork cooked in its blood and vinegar but we put a secret ingredient for a little twist which make it so delicious) and lumpiang sariwa (vegetable spring roll) and they love it. Filipino cuisine like Chinese cuisine uses lots of interesting parts as well. Blame it on economics........ we need to maximize utilization of everything to achieve zero waste. So that is their request for today's celebration and also middle daughter's pudding (which remind me, middle daughter is cooking less and less these days..... hmmmmm). We are bringing these dishes to Dayap's home. Oh, I bought some puto (rice cakes) too as these go well with dinuguan.

I guess Dayap's household is as busy as we are right now and I am here sneaking some time to blog ;)

PS: Di pa rin pala ako ligtas sa trabaho, magpapaligo pala kami ng aso ng kasama ko..... Di niya kasi kaya paliguan lahat..... Hay naman talaga..... ay wala talaga ligtas......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

masarap magluto pamangkin ko. ZZZ-Ngork-ZZZZ doon sa blogger, Gutom na ako

Anonymous said...

ansarap naman ng lumpian sariwa. ay ano ba yan, ikalawang post ko na itong nadalaw na nagluto ng bread pudding. makapagluto pala at maipost din, lahat yata nagugutom sa bread pudding ngayon. *gurgle--oops! excuse my tummy. :)

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites