Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ika 7 ng Agosto 2008


My morning stimulus came from hubby who is off to his annual physical check-up in the evening till tomorrow. He will be spending the night in Asian Hospital after work. He came down for breakfast with his bag while I was giving the puppies a sponge bath. He requested my helper to get a plastic bag for him. He took his upstairs slippers and put it inside the bag. With a stern tone, I asked him why he is bringing his upstairs slippers to the hospital. He said that the hospital is not just any hospital but is a clean one..... Eyeroll....... Huh!!!!???? I told him it is a hospital. FCOL Just when is a hospital clean!!!!???? Aren't sick people and those like him who are likely to be pierced for blood, tested for secretions and other body fluids not to mention waste matter the ones who go to the hospital. After the initial shock, more eyerolls......... Does he realize where all those infectious trash are coming from? Pictures of bacteria, viruses, protozoa, amoeba are alternating in my head. Please refresh on MY OCness. A look at Sarcasm Justified will further aid in understand my personality type. He even had the gall to tell me that he brought the same slippers to the beach in the past. I was not sure if he was trying to irk me more. I didn't say a word anymore but let him sense my irritation.

I continued cleaning up the puppies. He went upstairs and then came down. As if yielding to the Higher Authority of the Hygiene Department without wanting to admit it, he removed his upstairs slippers from the plastic bag replacing it with a new pair while remarking that he'll just bring a new pair of slippers. Good enough I thought but it would have been better if he brought the old slippers and use the new pair when he returns. Never mind......All's well that end's well.

Hubby went to the office shortly. A little later, my son was fetched by the school bus. Contented with my victory, I prepared for work after going about my usual tasks delegating the rest to my helpers.

I left earlier than usual and rode a grey van. The traffic was light and I was in Makati in no time. It's amazing what a few minutes of being able to leave early can do to my travel time. Had I left 10 minutes later, my travel time would have doubled. Being early afforded me some chance to enjoy the scenery with the urban air blowing on my face as I walk to get my final ride to the office.

PS: Kaarawan ngayon ng isang kaibigan ko sa dating pinagtuturuang eskwelahan. Apat kaming magkakaibigan dito. Iba-iba na ang mga tanggapan at eskwelahang pinapasukan namin pero nagkikita pa rin kami buwan buwan na parang tradisyon na namin. Ang mga kaarawan ay mga petsang di pwedeng di magkita-kita. Di naman sa araw mismo ng kaarawan. Dun sa weekend na pinakamalapit. Masaya lagi ang mga pagkikitang ito na ginagawa sa mga restoran sa lugar namin. Kung di kami naguusap ng buhay-buhay, kami ay nagpapalitan ng kuro-kuro sa iba't ibang bagay na madalas ay nauuwi sa tawanan. Magkakalapit kami ng bahay kaya madali lang magkita kita. Nitong darating na Sabado ay itinakda ng kaibigan namin na pagkikita namin. Naghihintay pa ng kasagutan sa iba. Ako ay umayon na. Mich and Anna di pa kayo sumasagot.

PPS: Ipinagresearch na kita ng mga requirements para sa Senior Citizen's card mo. Pakiclick lang ang link.

Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday Carol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, everytime i visit your house, your header makes me pause and wonder about their significance for you...:)

brainchild said...

Let me answer that with a question. How do you deal with the lemons thrown at you?
Everyday that unfolds is an opportunity for us to make life as you see fit given the values and wisdom gained through our experiences. The choices that we make helps define us as we tackle life's niceties and brutalities.
The second part of my header should give my identity away.......;)
I hope you keep visiting my home.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites