Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ika 29 ng Oktubre 2008


Driving lessons for my eldest daughter start today. It's just lecture.... the actual hands-on lessons start tomorrow. Hubby actually oriented her already going around the village a number of times last weekend. Hubby said he'll continue to train her at the cemetery this weekend but eldest daughter is still nervous driving alongside other cars and people. She nearly bumped my neighbor's relatively new car where it not for hubby's swift maneuvering. Inspite of all of this, she should learn how to drive. Women should drive for a lot of reasons. With the emphasis on gender development nowadays, driving, for me, is the ultimate symbol of equality among the sexes. The skill gives women a lot of options..... mobility, independence, and the choice to leave a bad marriage (not that I want that to happen but imagine leaving your husband with children in tow on foot.......too pathetic).

I just hope that my eldest daughter will enjoy the thrill of learning a new skill like I did when I took my driving lessons way back in college. Unfortunately, it was only after nine years when I was able to fully apply the skill for the following reasons:

1. I did not have a car all those years.
2. My own Dad did not trust me with his car.
3. I did not have a job which provided car plan (This is true up to now).
4. I did not have a rich boyfriend.

Frankly, now that its novelty is lost on me I don't savor driving anymore . I was only excited at the beginning so that people could see me driving..... you know the egotistical me wanting attention. As a young girl, I always knew I wanted to drive even if it was not so common to see lady drivers that time. I would start my Dad's batmobile, errr car and relish stepping on the accelerator even if the car remained just stationary. Among my contemporaries, I was the first one to learn how to drive. I wasn't the first one to have a car though : ) But more and more I am hating it and I would gladly relinquish the wheel to any qualified driver. I want to retire from driving. Sadly, I cannot afford to hire a driver. So the next best thing is have all the kids take their driving lessons so that I have a pool of young drivers at my disposal : ) It's not only me who is excited at the prospect of eldest daughter driving. Middle daughter and MIL...... all for their own selfish motives..... just like me. I wish she picks up the skill fast.... again just like me.

Terrible news this week on the homicide of Jennifer Hudson's mom and brother and her initially missing seven-year old nephew now found dead in the abandoned SUV used by the suspect. The case is domestic-related, the suspect being the estranged husband of Hudson's sister, Julia, and the boy's stepfather.

Not much at work.... I do expect a lull this week......

PS: Karigtong ng text namin ng anak ko nung Ika 17 ng Oktubre ay ang sumusunod na pag-uusap tungkol sa pag-uwi nila ng mga kaibigan niya:

Ako: Nkauwi n b kyo?
Anak: Ma (lugar ng gimik) pa q. Ngkgulo kc sa susundo kay (pangalan ng kaibigan).... Mga 8:30 pa daw....
Ako: Ano b yan? San b daan nla? (kalyeng dadaanan)? Pauwi n rn ako mgkta n lang tyo
Anak: D pa. Hnhnty nanay (pangalan ng kaibigan). Ngkgulo kc sa ssndo.
Ako: Nanjan n b? Paba2 k n lang sa (lugar na pagkikitaan). Kta tyo dun. (Lugar na kinaroroonan) n ako. Pg nauna ako sunduin n lang kta kotse.
Anak: Pwd cla sa (kalyeng dadaanan)
Ako: Bkt kc d p ihatd
Anak: Oki oki. La pa e. Hnhntay namn
Ako: ...........
Anak: Tnanung k nga kng pwd e. Kng pwd phtd n lng aq.
Ako: Pg dady m hnahatd cla
Anak: Ma san kna? (Lugar na bababaan) aq pbaba?
Ako: Yup. Pa2sok n (village namin)
Anak: Ok ok
Ako: San sa (lugar na magkikta) k ba2? Dun s me tindahan pra maliwanag
Anak: San b toh? Uhm dun sa may bbqhan
Ako: Oo
Anak: Lapt n q.
Ako: Ako rn. Plaza n ko


Susunduin yun isang kaibigan ng anak ko ng magulang at idadaan ang anak ko sa malapit sa amin..... mga 5 minuto siguro yun layo. Sana lang hinatid na lang yun anak ko para di na ako nag-aalala lalo na at gabi na. Hindi naman siguro malaking abala yun maantala sila ng 5 o 10 minuto. Sabihin ng nanunumbat pero kami di namin magagawa na pabayaan na lang yun mga anak nila ng ganon.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites