Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ika 19 ng Pebrero 2009: Reruns


Slept late last night as I watched the replay of the latest season of American Idol Hollywood Week. There are 36 contestants left divided into groups of 12. Last night, the first group performed. Last night's show was certainly do-or-die for this first group of 12, so the song choices were absolutely crucial. Some struck just the right chord with the judges, while others fell a little flat. Judges Randy, Kara the latest addition, Paola, and Simon gave good reviews for Ricky Braddy: "A Song For You", Alexis Grace: "Never Loved A Man", and Danny Gokey: "Hero" whose lovely wife passed away a month prior to his audition. The rest were mediocre and some had to be subjected to Simon's brutal assessment.

Watching AI used to be one of my bonding moments with my two girls. I have been watching the show for the last four years, my girls even longer. In our old house, they would curl up in bed with me as we watched and chose our favorite in AI Season 4 won by Carrie Underwood. I was rooting for Constantine Maroulis for that season who was unexpectedly eliminated early on. Last Season, I was really disappointed when looker Michael Johns got the ax after a stunning performance. We would also watch reruns of Friends....... sometimes Seinfeld although they cannot relate to Seinfeld's humor as much as I can. I also watched Sex and the City reruns most nights at Velvet. Thank goodness to these reruns, I get to watch episodes I missed. Ironically, I still miss the same episodes after so many years watching reruns.

There is serenity in the office today as the leeches, errr my colleagues, are out on a field trip, I mean planning activity (please refer to terminology No. 2). The mice will be playing today............

PS: Sa umaga, nakakasira ng araw yun makaamoy ng masangsang. Pag sakay ko sa jeepney kanina ay sinalubong ako ng amoy ng putok ng isang babae na nakahawak sa bakal na hawakan. Umupo ako sa malayo at ayoko mahilo.

Nito namang tanghalian pagpunta ko sa bundy clock para magpunch in ng card, amoy utot naman. Ano ba yan! Kakain pa naman ako ng tanghalian. Ang tindi ng amoy, nanunuot. Para tuloy di ako nakakakain masyado.

Di naman ako nangangarap na makalanghap ng preskong hangin dito sa lunsod pero wag din naman ako pasingawan ng masamang hangin.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites