Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ika 23 ng Pebrero 2009: Kids' Holiday

Life's so unfair. How come only students are on holiday today! What about us? Working people need a break too.....

On this note, I am hesitant about going to the office today. But being mature and responsible, I should set a good example to my kids. Inasmuch as I am uber lazy to go to work, I did...... after much proscrastination and a lot of conditioning. I knew I would be late but I mustered all my strength to kick my lazy butt out of the house. I kept going up and down running through all the chores and talking to my helpers about the things that need to be done. With a heavy heart, I prepared for work. After two attempts to go out, I finally did. First, I went back to tell my boy helper to clean the porch for the second time. Then, I had to return to tell my boy helper that I saw a dead kitten lying by the drainage near our home telling him to dispose of it properly. My other helper told me it is a rat..... yikes. Must be from the poisoned trap set up by my boy helper......... for killing our cockatiels and a love bird...... We cannot let them get away with homicide. Still, I feel sorry for that rat.

MIL's tricycle commandeered by her assistant came and I was held hostage by the opportunity to get out of the house for good. MIL's assistant invited me to ride with them. Driven by an unknown force, I did..... MIL was talking to me but I was not really paying attention as I look outside....... the view passing by move me farther and farther away from home. I was waiting for a sign that would make me say stop and return home. Except for the part where she told me that she will just ask their organizers to give her the carabao grass they used for their garden show, I didn't understand anything else she said. She has been telling me to complete the lawn. I told her I couldn't find carabao grass. I got off at the shuttle terminal and still no sign. The telling sign was the sight of a waiting van eager to bring me to work.

I am now trying to keep a brave front at work pretending I like being here. You know better....... I am trying hard to appear busier than I really am. I might drop by the school later to get some materials. Yes, I need to be efficient too and need to do advance work rather than be the crammer that I am....... Right now, I just want to be a kid all over again and enjoy my holiday! Wahhhhhhhh!

PS: Gagawa ng project ang pangalawang anak ko at mga kaklase niya. Ipinaalam sa min na sa bahay daw sila magtratrabaho. Gusto daw ng mga kaklase niya na sa bahay gumawa. Di sige lang. Tinanong ko sino-sino. Baka hindi naman daw abot ng kalahati ng klase nila. Huh, ganon kadami. Tinanong ko kung kakain sa bahay. Di pa daw niya alam. Tinanong ko kung kasama yun nagbigay ng bulaklak sa kanya nung valentine. Ewan daw niya, sagot sa kin. Binilinan ko na ang anak kong bunso na magmanman at wag magpapadala sa lagay.

Related post:
Ano ang Dapat Gawin kung Tinatamad Kang Magtrabaho?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites