Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ika 1 ng Marso 2009: Alone Again

Brainchild's break..........

It's the second weekend that I am left to my own resources. Hubby has to be in the office today for inventory purposes. They do this every end of the quarter. Last week, I did not go to the market. I don't like going to the market alone because I do not know how to choose fresh produce and fish correctly. I had a bad experience going to the market as a kid. As a young girl, I volunteered to do the marketing for our family seeing that a girl about my age did it it for a neighbor's household. I thought I should be given more responsibilities being the eldest child. My mom allowed me. I happily shopped. When I came back, my mom was so disappointed because I was given not so fresh items anymore. Since then, I never ventured going to the market. It is only when I got married that I experienced going to the market again, always with hubby if it's a wet market. Otherwise, I go to the supermarket or a reputable meat shop so I can be certain about the product's freshness.

Whenever we go to the market, we work as a team. I go to the meat section. Hubby takes care of the veggies and seafood. Today, hubby told me to go to the market. I thought I should too because we don't have enough food supply. I did. Our favorite grocer was asking where hubby is and why we didn't come the other week. I told her I don't know how to market. With that, I got full assistance in everything. Even payment was allowed some leeway. I got the stuff and hubby will pay later. I was assisted in carrying the items to my car.

I hope hubby finishes soon enough so we could buy some more food items at the supermarket. I did not buy as much as we used to because aside from my lack of skills, there was not a lot of products on display since I came in late. Hubby is usually done after lunch. We meet up at the supermarket to buy our other needs..... some more food products, beverages, toiletries, cleaning agents, and some impulse buy. Oh we need to buy ice cream for our boy helper's belated celebration here.

PS: Pasukan na bukas sa eskwelahan namin.... tapos na ang bakasyon ko. Nakakarindi na naman ang mga araw sa kin..... Lalo na me regular na rin akong gagawin sa opisina. Sabagay nasa prayoridad lang naman yan at tamang pagsasaalang-alang ng oras. Nagawa ko na rin namin ito ng ilang panahon.... kaya walang rason na di ko magagawa ulit......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites