Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ika 5 ng Pebrero 2009: Men, Oh Men......

Hubby kept on asking me what time I should report to the office at breakfast. I wasn't minding him at first. He mentioned he has a conference to attend. When done with breakfast, he wasn't his usual self, rushing........ He asked me again what time I am leaving for office. I figured he is going to Makati. I said I'd ride with him.

I was the one harassed as he said he wanted to leave at 7:30am since the conference starts at 9:00am. It was around 7:00am. I hurriedly finished breakfast which I started leisurely as I convinced him that it's too early to leave at 7:30am saying that my travel is less than an hour (inside I wasn't really sure of the traffic but I wanted the free ride and the convenience). Once I thought I have convinced him, I prepared for work. I was done around 7:40am. My helper told me that my brother called. I wondered why because he doesn't call without reason. Since we were in a hurry, I thought I would just call him from the office. I'll be early today anyway. Off, we went.........

Traffic was good although he would complain that from the house to Alabang, it was almost like 20 minutes. SLEX was free-flowing but he didn't take the Skyway. To absolve me from any accountability from the rest of the trip, I said my assumption is based on usage of Skyway. It wasn't too bad. Traffic after the tollgate was slow but moving. We were in Makati 30 minutes before his conference.

I got off at Mantrade and took the MRT. My destination is just two stations away. He proceeded to his conference at a hotel in Makati. After getting off the MRT, I walked to my office.

Reaching my desk, I would receive two messages. Hubby texted that he forgot his name card in the car and that I should have just brought the car because he availed of valet parking services. He seemed to be blaming me because I suggested valet parking to him which is more expensive. I told him to talk to the organizers and get a parking coupon because they usually give these to participants. Knowing him, he would argue that it's limited without even trying to ask. Even the valet parking services, he is just assuming that it is an hourly rate..... Why can't men ask questions instead of worrying sick without any justifiable cause!!!??? Then, they would pester their logical wives....... men, oh men...... or maybe boy, oh boy.....

The other text was from my cousin who said that a cousin with a lingering disease died today..... I called my brother who confirmed the sad news. I pray that the Lord would lead him to his eternal rest free from pain and suffering ......

PS: Kahapon ay sumakay ako sa shuttle bus ng opisina dahil gusto ko umuwi ng maaga. Nagmamadali ako at puno tong bus na sinasakyan ko lagi. Nakaabot naman ako at gaya ng hinala ko, puno na nga. Marami naman lalaking nakaupo at tumuloy ako sa likuran kung saan me nagpaupo na kasama ko sa building.

Umusog ang isang me edad na babae para paupuin ako sa gitna. dalawang matandang babae ang nasa magkabilang tagiliran ko. Medyo malalaki sila kaya naipit na naman ako. Tinanong ako ng babae san ako bababa. Nang malaman niyang mas mauuna ako, sana daw ay di na siya umurong. Pagbaba ko daw tulog na siya. Pwede pa naman kami magpalit pero di naman siya kumilos. Di ok na.

Gusto ko sana matulog. Pero itong ale sa kanan ko kung sino-sino kausap...... as in lahat ng dumaan sa tabi niya at lahat ng nakapaligid sa kanya na parang pinapakita na kilala niya lahat. Pinilt ko pa rin matulog pero mahirap pag ganon kondisyon na para ka ng pinipisa at parang me katabi ka pang micropono kasi di mo maiwasang makinig kahit ayaw mo. Natawa pa nga ako sa usapan nila nung kaopisina niyang tingin ko bading. Kwinekwento nitong mamang palagay ko bading yun pagkikita nila ng boss niyang aalis na sa opisina patungo sa ibang bansa na di nila matiyak kung saan. Paminsan minsan daw bigla na lang makikita sa opisina eh akala nila wala na ito. Sinabi daw nitong mamang parang bading sa boss na "Bakit nandito ka pa para kang isang aparisyon". Gusto ko rin matawa pero pinigilan ko para wag ako mahalatang nakikinig sa usapan nila. Nagtulug tulugan na lang ako.

Nung malapit na ako, ayun na nga tulog na si ale. Pano na ngayon yan. Di ko naman kayang tumalon na parang kangaroo o tumangbling na parang cirkera. Kumilos kilos ako para magising ang ale. Wala talaga. Nagtayuan na ang mga tao kaya kailangan ko na siya gisingin at baka makasama pa nila ako sa Laguna.....

Bakit kasi di agad matulog para at least nakapahinga na siya pagdaring sa babaan..... ako pa nahihiyang gisingin siya. Alam naman din niyan magkakaganon, di pa nakipagpalit upuan sa kin.......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites