Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ika 26 ng Pebrero 2009: Same Old Crap

Today is our boy helper's birthday. I told him yesterday he can take the day off today if he wants to but he has other plans. He wants to visit his kids who lives with his ex-wife. I told my other helper to prepare pancit to at least have a little celebration. I promise him ice cream in the weekend.

I came a little late today. I came home late last night and woke up sluggish. I was very early yesterday as I need to see the new boss to discuss some sensitive matters before our meting with the rest of the managers of this office. I told her about my apprehensions as well as the options I have because of the strained relationship with my old boss. She's kind enough to hear me out but is non-committal on the stability I want at work. She said she won't be influenced by whatever she hears. I was not so convinced there would be changes and I felt she thought I am being pessimistic for thinking so. She was open enough to talking things out with me again in case I am still unhappy with the new set-up.

I came to her office a second time for a meeting with her and the rest of the managers yesterday afternoon. Everyone was asked to describe what our divisions are doing. I describe the work where I left off. Justice was partly served because the division was returned to me. In a few minutes, my boss's henchwomen would again try to make their boss's influence felt insisting on their own implementation of how things should be. I am outnumbered 3:1, one is not a member of the management team but is the right-hand sycophant, I mean woman, of the old boss. They want to ensure victory. I am insistent and demanding......... that justice be served wholly once and for all. No compromise is acceptable. I could see the discomfort of the new boss as she tried to strike a compromise. In the end, the new boss told me that she would have to ask the old boss if what I want is acceptable.......

I guess I can't keep my Lenten promise........

During the meeting, a student who missed taking the final exams texted on taking a special exam. She called me after the meeting. A new term will start next week. We need to submit the grades tomorrow. She had to take care (nurse was the term she used) of an injured loved one. She is lucky because gone are my Ms. Tapia days when I had to be the terror teacher. Had this happened then, I would probably not allow her to take the exams. Schools are different now. An educator has to be able to relate and reach out to students to be an effective mentor. I accommodated her request but gave her a piece of my mind for being remiss about informing me or the administration about what happened. The student was candid enough to accept her mistake and was apologetic. This student is also serious about finishing her studies and I would not want to waste such determination.

She took the exams at a resto in the mall. I tried to work on school stuff while procturing her examination. I came home late last night as a result.

This morning, I got an email from my administrator telling me that grades have to be submitted today....... Oh yes, she did tell us that it will be February 26. I thought it falls tomorrow......real crap......

PS: Lagi ako me pintas sa pagsakay ko sa shuttle service..... mainit, maingay, mabaho...... Pero sa totoo lang, pakiramdam ko ligtas ako pag nakasakay dito.....panatag ang loob ko. Di pa ako nadukutan dito. Pag me nakalimutan, naibabalik pa minsan. Pag kaibigan mo pa yun driver o me-ari, ihahatid ka pa sa patutunguhan.

Kaninang umaga, nakasabay ko yun isang mamang matanda na uugud-ugod na, hirap na siya humakbang at lumakad. Ewan nga ba at nag-iisa. Inalalayan ng dispatcher ang mamang matanda pagsakay. Siguro pareho ko, ligtas ang pakiramdam niya sa shuttle. Sa harapan ko sumakay yun matanda. Meron din mag-asawa na me kasamang batang babae, mga tatlong taon yun bata. Sa likuran ko naman sumakay ang mag-anak.

Nung pababa na yun mamang matanda, lahat kami nakatingin at handang umalalay. Inalalayan ng katabing lalake ang mamang matanda hanggang makababa nang maayos. Maya-maya sa byahe, yun batang babae naman ang nag-ingay. Maya't maya sinasabi sa magulang na baba na sila. Maingay at nakakaistorbo yun bata pero pinabayaan na lang ng lahat. Inintindi, ika nga.

Naisip ko kahit bulok o luma na ang mga sasakyan sa shuttle service namin, meron na rin komunidad na nabuo dito. Marami na ang magkakaibigan dito.... meron ding nagkaibigan, pasahero sa pasahero, pasahero at driver o me-ari...... wala naman sigurong driver at driver.......marami pa sigurong relasyon na nabuo na di ko na alam......Nung pasko nga, me mga regalo yun dispatchers at ibang drivers. Yan ang dahilan kaya kahit mas mahal ng konti, me karagdagang halaga ang pagshushuttle.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites