Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ika 12 ng Pebrero 2009: New 40


While dressing up for work, my attention was caught by the news that today (actually yesterday)is Jennifer Aniston's birthday as reported by Good Morning America. Jennifer turns 40 and she is the new 40......... pretty, confident, successful, and living life to the fullest. She's recently starred in Marley and Me and will soon be seen with other hotties, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Connolly(love this woman!) and Scarlett Johansson, in He's Just Not That into You. Last year, she posed naked for the GQ spread. There are rumors that Playboy wanted her to pose for them this year. Media report these 'accomplishments' as success at 40. Well, if she's happy about it. Then, that is success. Is she over over the Brangelina thing? With John Meyer, she should be.......

Others stars in their 40s who look just as ravishing are Renee Zellweger who will turn 40 in April, Catherine Zeta-Jones in September, and who can miss Julia Roberts, adjudged one of the most beautiful people in the world. FL Michelle Obama is 45. These hollywood stars have become the new symbols of beauty at any age. The anchor hosts raved about 40 being the new 30. Even the 50s gals are ravishing....... Michelle Pfiffer, Christy Brinkley, ........... Let's raise the bar just a bit more......... What about the 60s..... Susan Sarandon is still a looker. Have you seen Raquel Welch lately....... With great strides in medical technology, has the fountain of youth been discovered?

It's not just about being beautiful. People today have become more health conscious and are changing lifestyles to stay fit and healthy. A healthy lifestyle translate into a vibrant and beautiful person who feels good about oneself. My own kids have better eating habits than me. ED reads labels and avoids food products which are classified as GMO or with harmful ingredients. MD eats a balanced diet of fruits, veggies, meat, fowl, and fish. Among my children, she has the healthiest habits. She doesn't stay late. She also joins sports activities in school. My only son is a picky eater and choose chicken and fish over meat. He doesn't eat veggies though. We would indulge in 'sinful' treats every now and then......... like the occasional chocolates, cakes, ice cream, pork rinds ...... but as a general rule, we try to strive a balance between healthy and yummy meal. I'd say they eat healthy because as a kid and even as an adult, I didn't have qualms about eating fried or barbequed crispy pork fat and gulping one bar of chocolate. Now, a bar of chocolate is split among 5, sometimes 6 family members. I didn't eat veggies until way into adulthood. I was so thin as a kid and even as a young adult..... I was always be underweight. I gained a few pounds over the years........ I am probably in my ideal weight right now but I'd be happy getting rid of 10 lbs. I have always felt better with a few pounds off my ideal weight.

So yes, this 40 something is a striving health buff with a lot of push and some daring......... she is also a gossip......

On the way to work, I was thinking if I should get that botox treatment and be in Jen's league........... I better stop dreaming..........

PS: Di ako makatulog kagabi at parang dinalaw na naman ako ng insomnia ko. Nanood ako ng TV hanggang hatinggabi para magpaantok. Matagal ko na pinatay ang TV pero di pa rin ako antukin.

Nung bata-bata ako, pakiramdam ko me insomnia na ako at araw-araw noon magmamadaling araw na pag nakatulog ako. Tanghali, minsan hapon na ako gumigising. Pag nagpupunta nga yun mga kaibigan ko non sa bahay, papapanikin na ng nanay ko sa kwarto at sasabihan na gisingin na ako.

Sanay ako sa puyatan. Kayang kaya ko walang tulugan sa trabaho kung kailangan. Mahirap nga lang kinabukasan at masakit ang ulo ko pag kulang sa tulog. Di naman ako gumamit ng gamot para mawala ang insomnia ko. Kusa na lang nawala ito. Nung tumanda, siguro dumami na ginagawa. At dahil sa pagod na rin, nakakatulog na ako ng mas maaga kesa sa dati.

Paminsan-minsan dinadalaw pa rin ako ng insomnia. Gaya kagabi....kaya eto ang sakit ng ulo ko........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites