Friday, February 13, 2009

Ika 14 ng Pebrero 2009: Waterless on Valentine

Brainchild's break............. It's Valentine's Day! Happy Love Day everyone!

And our water pump broke yesterday.......... We don't have WATER. It's a good thing my helpers know what to do. They look for a water delivery service and had water delivered last night. Of all the resource, water is the most crucial to me. I can last days without electricity........ maybe a day without food. I tried that in my youth to elicit sympathy from my Mom whenever she would scold me. I would secretly raid the kitchen when no one is looking and binge. But WATER, not a minute..... I am a water drinker, so is my son. Being OC, I need to wash my hands and other stuff all the time. I cannot not take a bath..... I cannot use a dirty toilet.

I look at the bright side though. Being waterless forces us to use the resource wisely. The water delivered would probably not last a day wit our usual usage. But since we are aware, we conserve it as much as we can....... reusing laundry or bath water to flush the toilet or wash the floors. Perhaps, this misfortune should befall us sometimes to make us appreciate the value of a resource.

In economics, water is deemed as one resource with very high utility but is very lowly valued. Before it was almost a free resource like the air we breathe. We take it for granted. It is appreciated only when we are thirsty. In that state, we buy water at any cost. But once past thirty, the next unit of water can be used for some other purposes like for cooking and bathing. As more unit of water becomes available and we become satiated with it, it will be used for lesser purposes like watering the plants or cleaning floors. Yet over time and with human abuse, access to clean water is becoming more and more difficult. Soon, it will be a scarce resource. Hardly, anyone drinks straight from the tap today......... save for the adventurous souls and those without the means. It's bottles water for us. In oil-rich countries, it is said that water is more valuable than oil. We can live without oil but not without water, right.

The repairman is here. I hope he does something fast. Hubby is worried that the pump might have dropped off. That is gonna be one major expense...... Beware we are holding off bathing and brushing till service is restored.

Perhaps, there would be no dates for this house's occupants today.......

PS: Magkikita kami ng mga kaibigan at kaklase nung kolehiyo mamayang hapon. Me dumating kasing isang kaklase galing Amerika. Kaya me rason para magkita-kita ngayon araw ng mga puso. Masayang pagkikita na naman ito habang sinasariwa namin ang nakaraan. Meron ding kasing mga naging magkadate tuwing valentine sa amin. Yun iba siguro gusto lang maging kadate sa valentine..... Kaya masaya makipagkita sa mga kaklase ay dahil sa mga kacornihan na ganyan.... sabi nga ng bunso ko.........so cheesy.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites