Monday, February 9, 2009

Ika 10 ng Pebrero 2009: Eyebags

I woke up to the honking of my middle daughter's school bus. I overslept....... I want more.......... I rushed out to tell MD to hurry up as the bus had been waiting for some time.

In the weekend, my son noticed my eyebags and suggested that I should get more sleep. I never have eyebags and this is actually the first time someone told me I got them. I took a good look at the mirror...... and my son is right...... I got those nasty eyebags...... not a pretty sight. I look tired......... Maybe, I am getting old......... so I am just heeding my son's suggestion unless someone tells me I look good with them.......

Well, it wasn't that late...... But I have been missing breakfast with my son lately. He was upstairs ready to prepare by the time I went down for breakfast. Even hubby was leaving already when I sat to take my breakfast. I don't have much appetite in the morning. I usually force feed myself. I have to do it slowly as I am kinda nauseated. After breakfast, I hurriedly took a tour of the house to see what needs to be done. I left instructions with the helpers on the tasks I want done today. I went upstairs to prepare.

I left for work after checking things once more. I hate leaving home. If only I got the means, I'd rather be a stay-home mom...... that's my dream actually. A friend once asked me how I would define being rich. My answer was if I don't have to worry about how we would live if I lose my job, then I am rich. That is relative.... If we don't desire so much material things, then we can live. Is this possible? Perhaps, with great effort.........

People today live in crass materialism. We can't seem to function well without buying a product or a service. There is a fix for hunger, beauty, health, well-being, comfort, vanity, machismo, greed....... practically everything can be bought....... A recent news article in a daily talks about an online catalogue where prospective parents an tick off the optimal mix of traits for their yet-to-be-conceived child. How far do we go in our elusive search for eternal beauty, youth, happiness.........

These eyebags can be removed without effort after all with a trip to a beauty clinic. Maybe, I can enhance my eyes by making them deep-set. Why not, get tatooed eyebrows....... My cheeks and my lips can get some colors too. While we're at it, I should perhaps try thermage on my tummy........ some botox......... lipo.........

I should get going as I need to have my eye bags removed.........

PS: Ang hinayupak na jeepney na sinakyan ko ibinababa ako sa pagkalayo-layo sa sasakyan kong bus. Mahaba kasi ang pila sa shuttle terminal kaya nagbus na lang ako. Pero nasira umaga ko sa jeepney driver na to at di dumaan sa dapat daanan at ibinababa kami sa napakalayo. Di ba pag umaga, gusto natin yun presko pa tayo pag[pasok sa opisina? kaya pag sa Alabang ako sasakay gusto ko yun halos di na masyadong lalakad at sasakay na lang. Pumapasok naman yun mga sasakyan sa mall na terminal ng mga bus. Ewan ko ba bakit, ayaw pumasok ng tsuper na to. Pakiramdam ko tuloy para akong tinapang pinausukan..........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites