Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ika 6 ng Pebrero 2009: Crafts and Art

Since yesterday, my son was making me spin looking for things he needs to bring to school. Yesterday, it was cross-stitch materials. I had to dig through my cross-stitch boxes in the attic to find aida cloth for him. Cross-stitching was an old hobby I had about 14 years ago when my son was not even in this world. I was able to make a few projects but left some hanging and I have materials and patterns for these. Once I lost the momentum, I can't go back. That would serve me in good stead years later as I have a ready supply of materials for my son. I am thankful that schools today teach young men to be useful in the house. Girls too are being taught crafts that are traditionally reserved for men like carpentry, metalworking, painting. In the office, I once attended a picture framing workshop and I was so poor in doing it. It required some carpentry and cutting a thick board with a cutter. I just couldn't do it. My colleague ended up doing my picture frame.

Today, my son needs scrapbooking materials, an empty pringles container, glue, yarn, ribbons, and scissors. In a condescending tone, he would ask if I read his note. I asked what note.......... He said that he needs art materials. I said he should have texted me because hubby and I came late last night as we went to my cousin's wake. Anyway, I said I have art materials in the study room or he could buy from their bookstore. "Scrapbooking materials!", he said. "We have those", I said. Fortunately, we also have an empty pringles container. That pleased him. Thank goodness to my frugality for keeping old materials used by the girls and my patience in organizing them. A cabinet in the study room serves as the storage area. Being the organizer, the task of finding the materials remains mine and mine alone.........

I had the materials ready by the time my son was fetched by his school bus. After fixing things here and there and leaving some instructions, I went upstairs to prepare for work. I realized that my eldest daughter who came home last night was still in bed. I woke her up and asked what time she needs to be in school. She said, "8:30"........ so will would miss her first class.

I prepared for work. By the time I was ready, ED was almost done preparing as well. I waited for her and we went out together. We took a tricycle. I decided to go out to take a bus a Alabang since the queue at the shuttle service was long.

After a smooth travel, I am now here at the office to work on my own crap, I mean craft.......

PS: Malungkot dapat ang mamatayan. Pero yun burol na pinuntahan namin kahapon..... wala na yun luha. Tingin ko nailuha na ng mga nagmamahal sa namatay kong pinsan lahat ng luha na dapat iluha. Bata pa siya pero matagal nang me sakit . Matagal na rin tinaningan ang buhay. Bonus na nga siguro na nagtagal pa siya ng kaunti. Sa isang banda, mabuti na rin na magpahinga siya kesa mahirapan pa........... Hindi lang siya ang nahihirapan, pati yun pamilya niya na tumutulong sa kanya.......

Sabi nga pag tumatanda na, sa mga okasyon lang nagkikita ang mga magkakamag-anak. Totoo ito, di ba? Parang yan talaga ang yugto ng buhay. Pag bata pa, sa kasal...... tapos binyag....... Matagal na di kayo magkikita. Yun mga susunod na yugto......... sa ospital na siguro nagkikita kita......... tapos sa burol....... hanggang sa libingan.

Kagabi, naabot na naman ang isang yugto ng buhay sa pagpunta sa burol ng pinsan ko..... Nakakalungkot kasi ito ang unang kamatayan sa amin magpipinsan.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites