Friday, February 20, 2009

Ika 21 ng Pebrero 2009: What to Do

Brainchild's break..........

Surprisingly, I was up early today. The movie date with V...... pushed through. She's Just Not That Into You is a date movie that is good enough to entertain you for two hours. Critics are sometimes too harsh when they review a film. He's Just Not That Into You follows the love lives of a dozen or so characters. Ginnifer Goodwin stars as Gigi, a young women attempting to understand the mixed signals she gets from the men she's dating. She gets advice from a bar owner (Justin Long) who prides himself on understanding the ins and outs of the dating scene. Gigi's co-worker Janine (Jennifer Connelly) finds herself involved in a major redecorating project with her husband, Ben (Bradley Cooper). Unknown to Janine, Ben contemplates an affair with Anna (Scarlett Johansson), an attractive woman trying to make a career as a singer. Another of Gigi's friends at work, Beth (Jennifer Aniston), enjoys a successful, healthy relationship with Neil (Ben Affleck), but storm clouds hover over them as he has no interest in getting married. Kris Kristofferson, yes, the singer, co-stars as Beth's father..........kinda remind one of her silliness in one's young life. I'm just glad I'm over that phase.

Hubby is up early as well. He's on his way to mountain trekking with some mountaineers. It's really hiking.......... not the jaw-dropping, hanging on the ledge thing done by seasoned climbers...... the spirit might be willing but the flesh is not....... He's likes outdoor activities and sports.

ED went to school today to take an exam and to practice for some school activities.....

Alone in running the household today. I am wondering what the heck to do..... I checked the fridge and food supply is dwindling..... I don't like going to the supermarket alone. I still have to buy a bag of dog food. I used to buy small packs but now that the dog population outnumbers the human in this household, that's not really practical. The lawn is half-done.

Last week, I scoured the streets in search of my doggies food. It's the Holistic brand. I usually get my supply from my "suki" but a number of times, he runs out of supply. Even the other shops would be out of stocks. We were assuming the supply is being hoarded by a big supplier in this area. Think monopoly. I thought about shifting brands. I was thinking Eukanuba because it's always available. When I checked out the other shop I go to, there was no Holistic and sure enough there was Eukanuba. There is Holistic for adult dogs. I need the one for puppies. All the small dogs in the house eat the one for puppies. Eukanuba would cost more than the holistic brand. I decided to buy 3 small packs of Holistic for adult dogs hoping they would eat this (Last time, the dogs didn't want to touch the food.). I bought 2 small packs of Royal Canin for the puppies. I went home unsure about the choices I made.

In this state of uncertainty, I suddenly thought about greening our small garden in front as I passed by a garden supplies shop. I inquired and counted my money..... I have a few hundreds to spare. I bought some bunch of carabao grass and 3 sacks of garden soil. My boy helper installed the grass but not all area was covered. I had a get together with friends later that day and could not go back. So maybe later today, I will buy additional grass and soil to cover the whole area.

MD also wants to scout for a prom dress. It's that time of year when school activities need to be attended to. My son is graduating from elementary. Last night, my son attended their turnover ceremony in polo with tie and blue jeans. He was the only one in that attire. Some students were even in coat and tie. Their teacher asked him why he was in jeans. My son, in his characteristic wisdom, told his teacher that he didn't have any choice as those were the only pants he has in his closet that time. His teacher let him in. I felt bad we didn't take care of his clothes. That was his only chance to dress up. They will be in togas during graduation. MD is a junior and there will also be a lot of turnover activities. ED is a incoming Medicine Proper student next school year. Maybe, not much activities for ED..... but maybe there will be ......

Seems like a lot to do today...... better get going....

PS: Mainit na. Naiisip ko na naman magbeach. Sana magkaron ng pagkakataon na makapunta kami sa beach bago umalis ang kapatid kong bunso at ang pamilya nito papuntang Amerika. Lagi kaming nagbebeach tuwing summer at mamimiss ko yun pag alis nila.......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites