Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ika 22 ng Pebrero 2009: On a Hot Summer Day


Brainchild's break.........

The summer months have surely set in. It's a nice day........ Clear skies, wind blowing on a hot summer day. The birds have been noisy all day. They must like this weather........ Reminds me of our summer vacation in the provinces when I was younger and less cynical. Those were the days when we couldn't car less about things but more about having fun with cousins who also take their vacation there. It was easy doing that. Our parents would leave us with our grandparents and we'd come home when school is about to open. There was no reason not to want to do that. Life was less complicated. There were not enough preoccupation then and staying in the province would be a better alternative than idling time at home............It's a different story now. We all have our own lives and hardly have time for mingling again like we used to do. Maybe, we are different now.....

My children have no notion of the provincial life as they grew up with parents who are both city dwellers. Hubby lived in the provinces until he was in college. Having qualified for for the Los Banos campus for his desired course but wait-listed in the Diliman campus of the state university, he opted to take another course for a chance to study in Manila. Their family soon settled in Manila when all of them were studying here. They would occasionally return to their roots but hardly does it now......

My brothers want to go to our province next weekend to visit a sick uncle. My SIL was asking me if I will go with them. I really don't know. There are so many things on my plate right now. I want to go but I can't afford to go...... Like most everyone, I have been enslaved by too many preoccupation. I couldn't even visit a sick relative..... and would perhaps wait until the next opportunity...... just hope it's not too late when that happens......

PS: Naubusan pa ng carabao grass yun kinuhanan ko. Naku naman talaga...... ang pangit tignan ng harapan ng bahay na me damo ang kalahati at wala yun kalahati....... di na naman ako mapakali. Tinawagan ko yun nagtitinda ng damo, wala pa rin daw.

Nagpasya akong lumabas para humanap sa ibang maghahalaman. Yun una kong tinanungan, wala at tuyot daw yun kinukuhanan nila. Yun pangalawa, meron pero doble ang presyo sa kinuhanan ko.... syempre di ako pumayag. Konti na lang naman ang kailangan ko pero ano ako bale..... Humanap pa rin ako sa iba. Isa pang tindahan ang pinagtanungan ko pero wala. Tinuro ako sa susunod. Nang magtanong ako meron daw pero isa't kalahating tale na lang. Mas mahal pa ng sampung piso sa kinuhanan ko nung una. Sige na nga..... Pagkatapos dun ay umikot pa ako sa isang lugar na me mga maghahalaman. ..... wala lahat at madali daw matuyo yun kaya di sila nagtatago. Nagpasya akong bumalik na at patulan na lang yun doble ang presyo. Medyo nakikiusap na ang dating ko nung bumalik ako dun. Sabi ko kung pwede pareho na rin ng kuha ko dun sa nabilhan ko ng isa't kalahati. Ilan daw ba? Uy, ok na..... Tapos kukunin pa daw niya sa ibang lugar at sa Martes pa pwede....... Hay wala talaga.... purnada ang paggagarden namin......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites