Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ika 15 ng Pebrero 2009: Post-valentine Assessment

Brainchild's break..........

So how was valentine's celebration to the occupants of this home who spent it separately. At least, two of us spent it outside.

Hubby was out to bring MD to her rendezvous with her friends and 'friend' when I left home. My friend, V........, fetched me at my home. First stop was at Going Straight. Me for hair coloring, hot oil, and hair cut...... V........ for hair spa and haircut. We also decided to have our manicure and pedicure there. Hair is my only indulgence. I don't spend for make-up, even clothes, vacations and other expensive hobbies. Whenever I would have the funds........ sometimes, I don't even have it...... I would rather spend on hair treatment than anything else. In our last hair date, I spent a fortune on hair rebonding. I had my hair cut short too. For a long, long time, I have long unruly hair that I would always put it in a pony tail. I had hair coloring after that. Friends and acquiantances complimented me on the new look. It was uplifting.... from the doldrums of wavy, unmanageable hair with graying streaks to the new cool, upbeat look.

With white streaks ruining my looks again, I told V....... that we should spend the afternoon in the salon before going to the get together. Our hair date was supposed to happen during the weekday but settled on the weekend due to conflict of sked. I wanted to try a more daring shorter look. V....... was not keen because of the cost of the rebonding. I said I could never do it with the normal texture of my hair. I'd probably look like a skunk if I dare. So I did.... I am still pleased with the result..... My conservative son has been disapproving my look since the last hair date I had. He wants my long hair back. I want this short hair......... no frills and it's liberating. V......., herself was a looker, after the treatment. She needed that makeover too after her long toil while she was in Canada with her family. It's Valentine's day......... We chose to love ourselves on Valentine's day.

We did not fail.... Our friends were mad because we were about three hours late with the traffic and all ........ but they like our looks. Is that a good thing? We weren't supposed to tell them about the salon date but the newly manicured fingers made redder than usual was a dead giveaway...... It actually made our fingers look like we just mix a basin of tocino. The newly blown dried hair also looked too nice from just the usual wash and comb style we do at home.

It was a fun night. We were there reliving the good old times.......... the crazy and mundane things we do that gave college life the ride that it was. It's usually the boys, I mean the men, who regaled us with their daring pursuits. All these years, we never knew those things were happening. We were too naive then. Now, They are revealing their secrets which we find incredulous. Hubby texted sometime while we were there to tell me to fetch my MD. What!!!???? Didn't I tell him where I would be? I told him I was out with friends and would be home late. He texted back that he already fetched MD. Good! As usual, we ended up light-headed and happy. It was almost midnight when V...... and I went home. The rest stayed.

V....... brought me home. Then, I was searching for my key and it was not inside my bag. I left it on the TV cabinet. I called hubby, ED, and MD. No one was answering.......... drats, drats, drats..... I tried the doorbell. Then, I called again....still no answer. I was unsure what else to do when minutes later, ED was at the door. She opened the gate. When I came inside, I noticed a big bouquet of roses on the table. So the new 'friend' will continue the tradition. I wondered what are the other gifts. I asked ED. She said there is chocolates......... 8-piece Rocher Ferrero.......yummy, our family's favorite. There was no other gift.... hmmmmmmmm. I just checked the dogs before finally heading for the bedroom.

This morning, I asked hubby if they went to mass yesterday. They all did except for MD. So that was how they spent valentine. After marketing, MD and I went to mass.

While having lunch, we would interrogate MD on her date with friends and the new 'friend'. We asked if there were other gifts. We wanted chocolates and was teasing her about her ferrero. In a while, hubby would hold the bunch of roses and would mockingly tell everyone that it is for me.

And that was how we spend valentine's separately.........

PS: Sarap mag-asaran no. Me mga taong master yata itong klase ng pagpapatawa na ito. Mas nakakatawa kasi di pilit na pagpapatawa ito. Kahit magkapamilya o magkabarka, masaya pag nag-aasaran. Dapat hindi pikon, kundi lalo kang aalaskahin. Pikon, talo!

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites