Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ika 16 ng Pebrero 2009: Mysterious Death

The morning was not so good. It was raining ........ I feel like I am coming down with colds. I am sneezing. My throat feels itchy...... my breathing is strained..... my chest is heavy.... and it's not because I am 'gifted'..... because unfortunately I am not......

The helper brought the dogs out and they just did their thing in the garage..... Then, my helper saw bird feathers on the floor near the cockatiel birds. Oh no, not another casualty. I told her to check on the birds. Indeed, one albino cockatiel is missing. The usual suspects are the alley cats...... They are still menacing. Then, I noticed that Quita's leash is not as long as usual and he can't reach the cockatiels' cage if there are predators.

When our boy helper arrived, we told him about the sad incident. We wondered why there was no trace of the bird. Some feathers are lying on the floor beside the cage. I told him to add another leash to Quita. He told us that maybe the predators are not cats but rats......hmmmmmmm. That is possible. A koi in our pond was bitten by a rat before. Hubby said rats can swim. Cats can't swim..... Using inference, it must be the rat ..... Now, my rage is on these pesky creatures. There is a vacant lot beside our house. The garden too could be a breeding place for these moles as they can dig through the soil and build their home underneath. It is said that all creatures were created for a purpose. What on earth is a rat's purpose!!!??? To haunt my helpless pets in the middle of the night......... They can eat anything anyway, why feast on my pets!!!???

I actually have a rat killer solution but I am afraid the dogs might get to it if we scatter it outside. We couldn't have cats as that would be a double whammy. Cats could also attack the birds...... and the fish. And our dogs could attack the cats. There would be no peace in the house.

Again, I am saddened by this lost. Maybe, God hid the evidence of the homicide so I won't feel as bad. Yesterday, I was in the garage admiring the cockatiels. These lovely, sweet birds have a very nice whistle, like they are singing. Now, I have to find another partner for the widowed bird.........sigh.....

All this commotion delayed me and I was late coming to the office.

PS: Unang araw ng trimester break namin. Pero di pa tapos ang trabaho. Gawaan pa ng grades. Magchecheck pa mga test papers at requirements. Mukang madugong linggo na naman sa kin to. Pero ok lang. Gusto ko naman kasi itong ginagawa ko. Mahirap pag di mo gusto ang ginagawa, mabigat gawin.......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites